Design Considerations for an Intelligent Video Surveillance System Using Cloud Computing
Recently, deep neural network and cloud computing based intelligent video surveillance technology are growing interests in the industrial and academia. The synergy with both technologies emerges as a key role of the public safety and video surveillance in the field. Reflecting these trends, we have been studying a cloud-based intelligent video analytic service using deep learning technology. INCUVAS (cloud-based INCUbating platform for Video Analytic Service) is a platform that continuously enhances the video analysis performance by updating real-time dataset with the deep neural network on a cloud environment. The goal of this cloud service can provide continuous performance enhancement and management using image dataset from the real environment. In this paper, we consider the design requirements for online deep learning based intelligent video analytics service.
KeywordsVideo surveillance Intelligent video analysis Deep learning
This work was supported by the Institute for Information & Communications Technology Promotion (IITP) grant funded by the Korea government (MSIP). (2017-0-00207, Development of Cloud-based Intelligent Video Security Incubator Platform).
- 1.The Global Video Surveillance As A Service (VSaaS)_ market, Global Industry Analysts, Inc. September 2015. http://www.strategyr.com/MarketResearch/Video_Surveillance_As_A_Service_VSaaS_Market_Trends.asp
- 2.Jackson, K. R., et al.: Performance analysis of high performance computing applications on the Amazon web services cloud. In: 2010 IEEE Second International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science, Indianapolis, IN, pp. 159–168 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Jinesh, V., Sajee, M.: Overview of Amazon Web Service, Amazon Web Service. January 2014. https://aws.amazon.com
- 4.NVIDIA GPU Cloud. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/gpu-cloud/
- 5.Domain Awareness System. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Awareness_System
- 8.Cui, B., Xi, T.: Security analysis of Openstack keystone. In: 2015 9th International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing, Blumenau, pp. 283–288 (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Keystone Security GAP and Threat Identification (Quick Study), OpenStack Folsom Release. https://wiki.openstack.org/w/images/c/c9/OpenStack_Keystone_Analysis.pdf