Research on Image Content Authentication Algorithm of Semi-fragile Watermarking for Adaptive Embedding Based on Characteristic of Image
In this paper, we propose a novel quantization-based semi-fragile watermarking algorithm for image authentication and tamper localization based on discrete wavelet transform (DWT). In this algorithm, the watermarking is generated by extracting image feature from the approximation subband in the wavelet domain. The linear congruential pseudo random number generator is used to control the watermark embedding location and realize adaptive embedding. The generation and embedding of watermark are carried out in the original image. The authentication are not require original image and any additional information, which improves the security and confidentiality of watermark. The scheme can resist the mild modification of digital image and able to detect the malicious modifications precisely. Experimental results show that the proposed algorithm can distinguish high quality JPEG compression, small amount of noise from shear attack, classification of intentional and incidental tampering, and has good localization ability.
KeywordsSemi-fragile watermarking Content authentication Discrete wavelet transform (DWT) Adaptive embedding Tamper location
1. This research project was supported by the Education Department of Jilin Province (“Thirteen Five” Scientific Planning Project, Grant No. 249 ).
2. This research project was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 61262090).
- 1.Huang, S.: Image authentication algorithm based on semi fragile watermarking. Hunan University (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Wang, X.Y., Yang, H.Y., Chen, L.K., Zhao, H.: Semi-fragile watermark embedding algorithm for image content authentication. Microcomput. Syst. 11, 147–150 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, J.S., Yang, M., Zhou, L.X.: Semi-fragile watermark authentication algorithm for image content based on DWT. Sci. Technol. Bull. 33(6), 192–195 (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhao, C.H., Liu, W.: Image semi-fragile zero-watermark algorithm based on block compression perception. J. Autom. 38(4), 609–617 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, H., Lin, J., Huang, J.: Image authentication using content based watermark. In: IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, ISCAS 2005 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, L.N., Guo, C., Li, P.: Experimental Course on Information Hiding Technology, pp. 22–23. Wuhan University Press, Hubei (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, B.B.: Research on digital watermarking algorithm of document image for content authentication. Shandong Normal University (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Ma, X.M., Li, Y.S., Xie, J.L.: Experiment and analysis of point cloud de-noising using bilateral filtering method. Survey report, 89–115 (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang, B.: Research on content authentication technology based on perception hash and digital watermark image. Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Li, Z.W.: Research on dual digital watermarking algorithm based on wavelet transform domain. Anhui University of Technology (2016)Google Scholar