Design of SNS-Based English Word Learning System for Daily Study
It is possible to design an English vocabulary learning system using a text to speech (TTS) engine and a module which creates push alarms for new words or sentences at a specific time every day. The function of selecting new words and sentences and showing them to the user is a core technology in vocabulary learning systems, and it has a great effect on the systems’ learning effectiveness. This paper proposes a method for creating a system which selects words and sentences. The system collects English words and sentences via social networks, refines them so that they are in a form which is appropriate for user learning, and allows the user to learn words which are related to their current location and weather.
KeywordsListening system SNS crawling Data refine Android alarm system
This research was supported by the MSIT (Ministry of Science and ICT), Korea, under the National Program for Excellence in SW supervised by the IITP (Institute for Information & communications Technology Promotion).
- 1.Park, S.J.: A comparative study of a visual aided class and a context aided class in vocabulary learning. Master’s thesis, Kookmin University Graduate school of education, pp. 14–67 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Youn, Y.H., et al.: Implementation of English education system using TTS. Collection of Academic Papers in Spring of Korea Institute of Industrial Technology, pp. 892–896 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Lee, C.E., Jang, J.W.: Development of social data collection system using web crawling. Korea Comput. Congr. 2016, 1787–1789 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Na, S.W., Shin, S.M., Lee, S.A., Cho, Y.H.: Cyber learning system design and implementation based on web database. J. Korean Soc. Content 2(1), 1–6 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Lee, S.J.: Design and implementation of English learning system in web and mobile environment. Master’s thesis, Silla University of education (2004)Google Scholar