A Development of Architecture for Risk Area Prediction System
Risk area prediction system is a kind of safety management system that suggesting risk level to worker or humans resideing in chemical plant. This system is calculating safety distances based event consequence analysis according to API RP 581, EIGA Doc 75 standards, reference manual Bevi risk assessments. Safety distance could be estimated by calculating in sequential order of release module, dispersion module, and fire and explosion module. So, it needs to consider how to connect between each modules. Also, additional modules have to be developed to help derive safety distance and risk area from calculated results of fire or explosion effect modules. This paper introduce consequence analysis modules for estimating risk area from chemical plant data and chemical properties and architecture of connecting each modules. And risk gradation as a new risk expression concept will be provided for offering risk level to workers in chemical plant.
KeywordsSmart safety Risk assessment Risk prediction system
- 1.Guidelines for Analysis of Chemical Releases. CCPS (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Methods for the Calculation of Physical Effects. TNO Yellow Book (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Chapra, S.C., Canale, R.P.: Numerical Methods for Engineers, 6th edn. McGrawHill, New York City (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.InfoNORMA: Reference Manual Bevi Risk Assessments Introduction (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.API RP 581 - Risk-Based Inspection Methodology, 3rd edn. (2018)Google Scholar