A Security-Aware Trust-Based SLA Framework Using SDN in Cloud Environment
Software-defined network is an emerging technology in the IT industry. Cloud computing provides the services to the users based on the requirements. Service-level agreement is signed between user and cloud provider. SLA compliance is an important feature in cloud environment. Trust-based SLA is considered for the system. Monitoring of activities is carried out using SDN controller. SDN controller gathers the information completely about cloud provider and cloud user. The main idea of this paper is to monitor and notify any unusual activities such as attacks and hence, trust-based SLA framework is proposed. The framework strongly monitors the malicious users by SDN controller through OpenFlow switches. If the user is found to be unreliable, resources allocated will be released and reallocated to another user. Hence, security monitoring is carried out using SDN controller.
KeywordsService-level agreement Trust Software-defined network SDN controller OpenFlow switch
The authors would like to thank TEQIP Phase III and BMSCE management for their continuous support for carrying out this research and completion of the work.
- 1.Desai A, Nagegowda KS, Ninikrishna T (2015) Secure and QoS aware architecture for cloud using software defined networks and Hadoop. In: 2015 international conference on computing and network communications (CoCoNet), IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 2.SDN Architecture Overview, Open Network foundation (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.da Silva CA, de Geus PL (2014) An approach to security-SLA in cloud computing environment. In: 2014 IEEE Latin-America conference on communications (LATINCOM), IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 6.Li G, Wu J, Li J, Zhou Z, Guo L (2017) SLA-aware fine-grained QoS provisioning for multi-tenant software-defined networks. IEEE accessGoogle Scholar
- 7.de Jesus WP, da Silva DA, Júnior RT, da Frota FVL (2014) Analysis of SDN contributions for cloud computing security. In: Proceedings of the 2014 IEEE/ACM 7th international conference on utility and cloud computing. IEEE Computer SocietyGoogle Scholar
- 8.Kaaniche N, Mohamed M, Laurent M, Ludwig H (2017) Security SLA based monitoring in clouds. 2017 IEEE International Conference on Edge Computing (EDGE), IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 10.Farahmandian S, Hoang DB (2016) Security for software-defined (cloud, SDN and NFV) infrastructures–issues and challenges. In: Eight international conference on network and communications securityGoogle Scholar
- 11.Tsugawa M, Matsunaga A, Fortes JAB (2014) Cloud computing security: What changes with software-defined networking? Secure Cloud Computing. Springer, New York, NY, pp 77–93Google Scholar
- 12.Seeber S, Rodosek GD (2014) Improving network security through SDN in cloud scenarios. In: 2014 10th international conference on network and service management (CNSM), IEEE Google Scholar
- 14.Buyya R, Garg SK, Calheiros RN (2011) SLA-oriented resource provisioning for cloud computing: challenges, architecture, and solutions. In: 2011 international conference on cloud and service computing (CSC), IEEEGoogle Scholar