Modelling Automatic IoT Home Light System (SmartLi) by NODEMCU ESP8266
Most people always forgot to switch off the light when they go for a holiday and leave the light on as long as they are away. This could lead to the waste of electricity. If the lights are turned off, dark surroundings will make the house prone to burglary. Technology in network and communication system allows us to remotely control the lightings either off or on in order to pretend the house is occupied. The aim of this project is to develop an automatic home lighting system that can be controlled remotely using internet of things (IoT) technology. Mobile application (SmartLi) for home lightings was developed and integrated with intensity and motion sensor. The porch lamp will light up when it’s dark and will also become brighter whenever any motion is detected nearby.
KeywordsArduino Uno Automatic light Home IoT NodeMcu ESP8266 Porch
We would like to acknowledge funding provided by Universiti Malaysia Pahang (RDU1703233).
- 1.Selvaraj, K., Chakrapani, A.: Smart office automation system for energy saving. Int. J. Adv. Comput. Electron. Eng. 2(9), 8–12 (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.Raimondi, F.M., et al.: Energy savings for indoor lighting in a shopping mall: a case of study. In: 2018 Thirteenth International Conference on Ecological Vehicles and Renewable Energies (EVER). IEEE, Monaco (2018)Google Scholar
- 4.Liao, H., Xihua, S., Dongsheng, Y.: Design of adaptive lighting system based on fuzzy PID. In: 2018 Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC), pp. 1543–1547. IEEE, China (2018)Google Scholar
- 7.Davcev, D., et al.: IoT agriculture system based on LoRaWAN. In: 2018 14th IEEE International Workshop on Factory Communication Systems (WFCS). IEEE, Italy (2018)Google Scholar
- 8.Wang, M., et al.: An IoT-based appliance control system for smart homes. In: International Conference on Intelligent Control and Information Processing (ICICIP), pp. 744–747. IEEE, China (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Baby, C.J., et al.: Home automation using web application and speech recognition. In: International conference on Microelectronic Devices, Circuits and Systems (ICMDCS). IEEE, India (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Asadullah, M., Khalil, U.: Smart home automation system using Bluetooth technology. In: International Conference on Innovations in Electrical Engineering and Computational Technologies (ICIEECT). IEEE, Pakistan (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.Terán, M., et al.: IoT-based system for indoor location using bluetooth low energy. In: 2017 IEEE Colombian Conference on Communications and Computing (COLCOM). IEEE, Colombia (2017)Google Scholar