Based on Multi-sensor of Roughness Set Model of Aluminum Alloy Pulsed GTAW Seam Forming Control Research
For the automatic aluminum GTAW, weld backside width is an important feature to be regulated in real-time weld forming control. For most welding conditions, the weld backside condition is difficult to be monitored in real time. Therefore, this paper combines visual sensing, arc sensing, and sound sensing to extract weld feature information in real time. Based on the rough set model, the multi-information fusion is proposed, and a prediction model of the weld backside width is proposed to realize the backside width control. And a fuzzy controller with genetic improvement is designed. The multi-information fusion prediction model based on roughness set is used to control the weld backside width in real time, and the control of the robot aluminum alloy GTAW weld forming is realized.
KeywordsWeld forming control Visual sensing Arc sensing Sound sensing Robot welding
This work is partly supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51405298 and 61401275).
- 1.Lii HCW, Kottilingam S, Zee RH et al (2001) Infrared sensing techniques for penetration depth control of the submerged arc welding process. J Mater Process Technol 113(1–3):228–233Google Scholar
- 2.Zhao DB, Chen SB, Wu L et al (2001) Intelligent control for the shape of the weld pool in pulsed GTAW with filler metal. Weld J 80(11):253–260Google Scholar
- 6.Chen SB (2000) Intelligent methodology for sensing, modeling and control of pulsed GTAW: part 1—band-on-plate welding. Weld J 79(6):151–163Google Scholar
- 7.Chen SB (2000) Intelligent methodology for sensing, modeling and control of pulsed GTAW: part 2—Butt joint welding. Weld J 79(6):164–174Google Scholar
- 9.Li LP, Chen SB, Lin T (2005) The modeling of welding pool surface reflectance of aluminum alloy pulse GTAW. Mater Sci Eng A 394(1–2):320–326Google Scholar
- 10.Balfour C, Smith JS, AI-Shamma AI (2006) A novel edge feature correlation algorithm for real-time computer vision-based molten weld pool measurements. Weld J 85(1):1–8Google Scholar
- 13.Chen B (2009) Study on the processing method of multi-sensor information fusion in pulsed GTAW. Dissertation, Shaihai Jiao Tong UniversityGoogle Scholar