Pre-launch Calibration of the Tiangong-2 Front-Azimuth Broadband Hyperspectrometer
The Front-Azimuth Broadband Hyperspectrometer was launched on board the Tiangong-2 Space Laboratory on 15 Sep 2016 and had successfully measured spectral radiance of Earth limb atmosphere, to provide profiles of the volumetric concentration of ozone, nitrogen dioxide and other minor trace gases. In order to ensure the high accuracy and stability of data, The Front-Azimuth Broadband Hyperspectrometer was calibrated in laboratory and in orbit accurately. This paper mainly introduced the facility, method and results of the pre-launch calibration. Finally, the uncertainty of the calibration results was analyzed, and the results met the requirements of the data application.
KeywordsTiangong-2 ABHI On-ground calibration Smear Stray light correction
Thanks to China Manned Space Engineering for providing space science and application data products of Tiangong-2.
- 1.Werij, H., Kruizinga, B., Olij, C., et al.: Calibration aspects of remote sensing spaceborne spectrometer. In: SPIE, vol. 2820, pp. 126–137 (1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Frerick, J., Bovensmann, H., Noel, S., et al.: SCIAMACHY on-ground/in-flight calibration, performance verification and monitoring concepts. In: SPIE, vol. 3117, pp. 176–187 (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Yokoya, N., Miyamura, N., Iwasaki, A.: Preprocessing of hyperspectral imagery with consideration of smile and keystone properties. In: SPIE, vol. 7857, pp. 78570B-1–78570B-9 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhanfeng, L.: Spectral stray light correction of forward limb imaging spectrometer. http://kns.cnki.net/kcms/detail/31.1252.O4.20180627.1743.054.html (2018)
- 9.Heath D.F., Wei Z., Fowler W.K.: Comparability of spectral radiance calibrations of large aperture earth observing instruments based upon diffuse reflective panels and internally illuminated spherical integrator techniques. In: SPIE, vol. 2209, pp. 148–159 (1994)Google Scholar