Data Preprocessing and On-Orbit Quality Analysis of the Multi-azimuth UV Imager of Tiangong-2
The Multi-Azimuth UV Imager (MAVI) is a new generation atmospheric sounder carried on Tiangong-2 Space Laboratory. It can obtain the vertical distribution information of the ultraviolet radiation of the global middle and upper atmosphere, and also can detect the ultraviolet radiation of the entire atmosphere in the range of ±5° from the subastral point at the same time. The design of the instrument is unique in the world. So it is different from the traditional optical remote sensing instrument in data processing and quality analysis. In this paper, the data characteristics and data preprocessing flow of MAVI are introduced, and the data quality on-orbit of MAVI is preliminarily analyzed by using several data quality evaluation indexes. The results show that the imaging performance of MAVI is stable and the data quality is reliable. The data products of MAVI can provide effective support for atmospheric scientific research and atmospheric environment monitoring.
KeywordsTiangong-2 The Multi-Azimuth UV imager Data preprocessing Data quality analysis
We would like to thank China Manned Space Engineering for providing data products of MAVI. Thank the National R&D Infrastructure and Facility Development Program of China, “Fundamental Science Data Sharing Platform” (DKA2018-12-02-23) who funded the project.
- 1.Wei, J.H.: China’s first space laboratory Tiangong 2 was successfully launched. China Aerosp. 10, 9 (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Manned Space Space Application Data Promotion Service Platform. http://www.msadc.cn/en/gk/t2task/. Accessed 21 Sept 2018
- 3.Yang, X.H., Wang, S.R., Huang, Y., et al.: Pre-launch calibration of the multi-azimuth UV imager on Tiangong-2. In: Proceedings of the Tiangong-2 Remote Sensing Application, Technology, method and application, Beijing (2018)Google Scholar
- 4.Qin, B.Y., Li, S.Y., Hao, Z.W., et al.: Earth observation data of the Tiangong-2 Space Laboratory (2016–2017). China Sci. Data 3(1) (2018)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang, W.F., Liu, Z.W., Li, S.Y., et al.: Image geometric correction parallelization of the multi-azimuth UV imager based on GPU. In: Proceedings of the Tiangong-2 Remote Sensing Application, Technology, method and application, Beijing (2018)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhou, Y.J., Tian, Q.J.: Image quality evaluation of EO-1 hyperion sensor. Geo-Inf. Sci. 5, 678–683 (2008)Google Scholar