Performance Evaluation of Unitary Measurement Matrix in Compressed Data Gathering for Real-Time Wireless Sensor Network Applications
Recently, compressed sensing has emerged as a novel phenomenon of simultaneous sampling and compressing any sparse signal. Wireless sensor network which is resource constrained requires to preserve its energy by various mechanisms. Each sensor node in wireless sensor network records the data in its surrounding which generates number of signals in the entire network. Communication process consumes maximum energy in the network as compared to other in network processes. So, energy may be preserved by reducing data rate in network by using distributed compressed sensing. In this paper, we propose to use a unitary matrix as measurement matrix to perform distributed compressed sensing to exploit both spatial and temporal correlation in sensor network data. The parameters used for measuring performance of the proposed scheme are the percentage by which overall network lifetime increases and the mean squared error in reconstruction of the original signal from compressed signal at the sink.
KeywordsCompressed sensing Measurement matrix Data gathering Wireless sensor networks
- 1.Akyildiz, I., Su, W., Sankarasubramaniam, Y., & Cayirci, E. (2002). Wireless sensor networks: a survey. Computer Networks, 38(4), 393–422. https://doi.org/10.1016/s1389-1286(01)00302-4. URL: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1389128601003024.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Dhaka, V. S., & Vyas, S. (2014). The use and industrial importance of virtual databases.Google Scholar
- 5.Kandukuri, S., Lebreton, J., Lorion, R., Murad, N., & Lan-Sun-Luk, J. D. (2016). Energy efficient data aggregation techniques for exploiting spatio-temporal correlations in wireless sensor networks. In 2016 Wireless Telecommunications Symposium (WTS), pp. 1–6. https://doi.org/10.1109/wts.2016.7482055.
- 6.Vyas, V., Saxena, S., & Bhargava, D. (2015). Mind reading by face recognition using security enhancement model. In Proceedings of Fourth International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving (pp. 173–180). New Delhi: Springer.Google Scholar
- 7.Haviv, I., & Regev, O. (2016). The restricted isometry property of subsampled Fourier matrices. In Proceedings of the Twenty-seventh Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, SODA’16 (pp. 288–297). Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Philadelphia, PA, USA. URL: http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2884435.2884457.
- 8.Bhargava, D., & Sinha, M. (2012, May). Performance analysis of agent based IPSM. In 2012 International Joint Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering (JCSSE) (pp. 253–258). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 9.Bhargava, D. (2017). Intelligent agents and autonomous robots. In Detecting and mitigating robotic cyber security risks (pp. 275–283). IGI Global.Google Scholar
- 10.Dhaka, V. S., & Vyas, S. (2014). Analysis of server performance with different techniques of virtual databases. Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences, 5(10).Google Scholar
- 11.Candes, E. J. (2006). Compressive sampling. In International Congress of Mathematicians (Vol. 3, pp. 1433–1452).Google Scholar
- 15.Bhargava, D., & Sinha, M. (2012). Design and implementation of agent based inter process synchronization manager. International Journal of Computers and Applications, 46(21), 17–22.Google Scholar
- 20.Agrawal, C., & Ghosh, D. (2012). Distributed compressive data gathering in wireless sensor networks. In 2012 IEEE 11th International Conference on Signal Processing (ICSP) (Vol. 3, pp. 2110–2115). https://doi.org/10.1109/icosp.2012.6491998.
- 21.Bajwa, W. U., Sayeed, A. M., & Nowak, R. (2009). A restricted isometry property for structurally-subsampled unitary matrices. In 2009 47th Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing (Allerton) (pp. 1005–1012). https://doi.org/10.1109/allerton.2009.5394883.
- 23.Luo, C., Wu, F., Sun, J., & Chen, C.W. (2009). Compressive data gathering for largescale wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings of the 15th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, MobiCom’09 (pp. 145–156). New York, NY, USA: ACM. https://doi.org/10.1145/1614320.1614337. URL: http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1614320.1614337.
- 24.Mao, X., Miao, X., He, Y., Li, X. Y., & Liu, Y. (2012). Citysee: Urban CO2 monitoring with sensors. In 2012 Proceedings IEEE INFOCOM (pp. 1611–1619). https://doi.org/10.1109/infcom.2012.6195530.
- 28.Bhargava, D., & Sinha, M. (2013). Performance analysis of agent based IPSM for windows based operating systems. International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE).Google Scholar
- 30.Wakin, M. B., Duarte, M. F., Sarvotham, S., Baron, D., & Baraniuk, R. G. (2005). Recovery of jointly sparse signals from few random projections. In Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems, NIPS’05 (pp. 1433–1440). Cambridge, MA, USA: MIT Press.Google Scholar
- 32.Youness, N., & Hassan, K. (2014). Energy preservation in large-scale wireless sensor network utilizing distributed compressive sensing. In 2014 IEEE 10th International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob) (pp. 251–256). https://doi.org/10.1109/wimob.2014.6962179.