The R&D and Test of the Forest Harvester Control System Based CAN
In order to intensively complete the automatic operation of logging, feeding, peeling, beating branches, making wood and so on, and satisfy the requirements of forest harvesting, the control system of forest harvesting needs to be studied urgently. The control system designed in this paper uses CAN bus, upper computer (IPC), lower computer (SPN-M*-18 controller), displayer, hand shank and diameter measuring encoder, length measuring encoder, etc. This paper introduces the system composition, hardware composition, software application, displayer design and cutting effect test. The application of CAN bus makes the communication between the host computer and the lower computer as well as other devices smooth, and the anti-interference ability is enhanced. Under the function of the controller, the operation of the equipment is realized, and the labor productivity is improved. The PID controller used in the program ensures the length of the wood in the automatic feeding process, so as to meet the project requirements. The design of the displayer screen makes the operation and maintenance of the operators easier and more convenient. After several experiments, the conclusion is reached that the control system meets the design requirements and can be used in production operations.
KeywordsHarvester The control system CoDeSys Human-computer interface PID
This research is supported by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No. BLX2014-03), and Special Fund for Forest Scientific Research in the Public Welfare (No. 201504508).
- 1.X. Yang, Fieldbus Technology and its Application (Tsinghua University Press, Beijing, 2008)Google Scholar
- 2.L.P. Bolduc, Redundancy management system for the X-33 vehicle and mission computer, in Digital Avionics Systems Conference, 2000. Proceedings DASC the IEEE, vol. 1 (2000), pp. 1C3/1–1C3/7Google Scholar
- 3.X. Luo, Z. Zhang, Y. Zhao, DGPS automatic navigation and control system of Dongfanghong X-804 tractor. Chin. J. Agric. Eng. 25(11), 139–145 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.D. Wang, Design and Research on Harvesting with Logging Unit (Northeast Forestry University, Harbin, 2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Y. He, Control system of airplane rotor forming machine based on CAN bus, in Science and Technology Forum of Ten Provinces and Districts Mechanical Engineering Society and 2007 Annual Meeting of Heilongjiang Mechanical Engineering SocietyGoogle Scholar
- 7.Y. Yang, Data acquisition and control design of aircraft electromechanical system based on CAN, in Academic Symposium of 2016 Aeronautical Test and Test Technology Conference, vol. 4 (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.W. Qi, X. Zhou, Design and implementation of a distributed intelligent greenhouse computer control system. Chin. J. Agric. Eng. 20(1), 246–249 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Q. Dong, Y. Wang, Development of distributed automatic control system for greenhouse computers. Chin. J. Agric. Eng. 18(4), 94–97 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.L. Yang, K. Lu, D. Zhang, Development of wireless intelligent control terminal based on ZigBee technology. Chin. J. Agric. Eng. 26(3), 198–202 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Y. Liu, Y. Qian, Y. Xu, Design of autopilot control system for UAV based on CAN bus, in Academic Conference on National Signal and Intelligent Information Processing and Application (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.Nanjing Laike Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. PCAN-View Software Help Manual [EB/OL]. http://www.njike.com
- 14.Y. Shen, Research on the Implementation Mechanism and Hydraulic System of Forest Tree Combined Mining Machine (Beijing Forestry University, Beijing, 2010)Google Scholar