Evaluation of Features to Identify a Phishing Website Using Data Analysis Techniques
With the growth in the present digital era, the Internet is the prime source of knowledge. This situation is depleted by phishers and they have drafted various websites which steals user’s information and misuse it. Though it is hard to locate a phishing site, various features of the phishing site helps in uncovering its mask. This paper discusses several features to identify a phishing site. Using data mining techniques like classification and association rule mining many explorations are performed to prove the notion. Similarly, the impact of various features considered for analysis is studied too.
KeywordsPhishing site Legitimate site CART algorithm Classification Association rule mining
- 3.F.M. Zahedi, A. Abbasi, Y. Chen, Fake-website detection tools: identifying elements that promote individuals’ use and enhance their performance. J. Assoc. Inf. Syst. 16(6), 448 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.A. Geetha Mary, Privacy Preservation using Intelligent Techniques (LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany, 2016), p. 176Google Scholar
- 9.R.M. Mohammad, L. McCluskey, F. Thabtah (University of California, School of Information and Computer Science, Irvine, CA, 2015), https://archive.icsuci.edu/ml/datasets/Phishing+Websites
- 10.R. Jabri, B. Ibrahim, Phishing websites detection using data mining classification model. Trans. Mach. Learn. Artif. Intell. 3(4), 42–51 (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Y. Pan, X. Ding, Anomaly based web phishing page detection. Paper presented at 22nd computer security applications conference, IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA, USA (2006)Google Scholar