Engineering Applications of Optical Fiber Sensing Technology
The optical fiber sensing technology combines optical waveguide technology with optical fiber technology, which has the characteristics of strong anti-electromagnetic interference ability, high measurement accuracy, long-term stability, perception and transmission integration, multi-sensor reuse and distributed sensing, and plays an increasingly important role in the health monitoring of large-scale engineering structures (Bremer et al. 2016; Giurgiutiu 2016; Hong et al. 2017). The author of this book has done lots of works in the application of optical fiber sensing technology and established a long-term health monitoring and alarm system of structure based on a number of optical fiber sensing, and alarm system have been established and applied successfully in Wuhu Yangtze River Bridge, Liaohe Bridge on Qinhuangdao-Shenyang passenger dedicated line, Hemaxi Grand Bridge, Shanxi Xinyuan Highway Xiaogou Grand Bridge and the high and steep slope of Shuohuang Railway.
- Cui F, Yuan W, Shi J (1999) Application of optimal sensor placement algorithms for health monitoring of bridges. J Tongji Univ 27(2):165–169Google Scholar
- Dai JY, Zhang WT, Sun BC (2007) Applications of fiber optic sensors in concrete structural health monitoring. In: Proceedings of SPIE—advanced sensor systems and applications III. The International Society for Optical EngineeringGoogle Scholar
- Giurgiutiu V (2016) Structural health monitoring of aerospace composites. In: Victor G (ed) Structural health monitoring of aerospace composites, vol 31. Academic Press, Oxford, pp 249–296. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-409605-9.00007-6CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Liu F, Zhang L (2000) Advances in optimal placement of actuators and sensors. Mech Compos 30(04):506–516Google Scholar
- Zhang K (2004) LabVIEW virtual instrument engineering design and development. National Defense Industry Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- Zhang WT, Dai JY, Sun BC (2008) Experiment on dynamic response of fiber optic Fabry-Perot sensors and its application in structural health monitoring. In: Proceedings of the world forum on smart materials and smart structures technology, SMSST 07, p 504Google Scholar