Polymer-Carbon Composites as Anti-corrosive Materials
The objective of this chapter is to focus on the recent developments of polymer-carbon composites in terms of utilizing various forms of carbon, i.e., graphene or graphene-like sheets, carbon nanotube, along with polymer binder for high-performance anti-corrosive paints. The attributes to final properties of dried film coating can be resolved into two major parts, i.e., attributes due to binder and additives. The role of binder and additives has been discussed separately in the subsequent sections. A general idea has also been discussed as a premise to give the right context before the objective of this chapter is discussed, i.e., Polymer-carbon composites as anti-corrosive material.
KeywordsCorrosion Anti-corrosive materials Graphene Carbon nanotube
- 2.Sathish Kumar P, Rajasekar R, Pal SK, Nayak GC, Syed Ismail SMR (2016) Paints and coating of multicomponent product. Springer, The Netherlands, pp 157–226Google Scholar
- 3.Schweitzer PA (2006) Paint and coatings: applications and corrosion resistance. CRC Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 4.ISO-12944-2-1998Google Scholar
- 16.Sward GG (1972) Paint testing manual: physical and chemical examination of paints, varnishes, lacquers, and colors, 13th ednGoogle Scholar
- 22.Ghosh P (2011) Polymer science and technology: plastics, rubbers, blends and composites. McGraw-Hill Education LLCGoogle Scholar