Industry Level: Areas of Focus and Directions for the Enhancement of China’s Industry Competitiveness
Since the 2008 financial crisis, profound changes have occurred both domestically and on the international level. As globalization continues and the pace of industrial restructuring continues to pick up steam, key questions that have emerged are: how do we deal with such a challenging domestic and international environment, and how can we enhance our industry competitiveness? A recent research report from Wuhan University states that while China is number one in the world in terms of manufacturing production volume, it is ranked 13th in terms of overall competitiveness.
- Chen Hanyong. “On Singles Day, ‘new consumption’ is also being discussed at State Council executive meeting”. People.com.cn, 13 Nov 2015. http://theory.people.com.cn/n/2015/1113/c49150-27810757.html.
- Chen Jing. “Online consumption becoming new force in economic growth”. Economic Daily, December 21, 2015, p.11.Google Scholar
- Chen Xiasheng and Li Zhaoming. “Knowledge Sharing between Enterprises within Industry Groups”. Technoeconomics and Management Research, 2009(1).Google Scholar
- Du Ping. “New opportunities for emerging industries and in the new business environment”. CE.cn, July 9, 2015. http://www.ce.cn/cysc/tech/gd2012/201507/09/t20150709_5880822.shtml.
- Guan Qingyou and Zhang Yuan. “The New Normal in Industry Development: from Lack of Balance to Optimization”. National Business Daily, June 20, 2014.Google Scholar
- Huang Qunhui. “Re-industrialization in Developed Countries Forcing Chinese Industries to Restructure and Upgrade”. People’s Daily, January 8, 2014, p. 23.Google Scholar
- Lin Yifu and Su Jian. “On Changing the Growth Model for the Chinese Economy”. Management World, 2007(11).Google Scholar
- Liu Yuying. “New policies to mitigate excess capacity in production released; China pushes strongly for structural reforms”. Chinanews.com, December 22, 2015. http://www.chinanews.com/cj/2015/12-22/7681301.shtml.
- Liu Wei and Su Jian. “Macro-level Adjustments for China under the New Normal”. Economic Science, 2014(4).Google Scholar
- Lu Dezhi. “Trending towards the Sharing of Capital”. China Philanthropist, May 7, 2015.Google Scholar
- Luo Ning. “Reflections on China’s Manufacturing Industry against the Backdrop of Re-industrialization in Developed Countries”. China Business News, February 20, 2014. http://www.yicai.com/news/2014/02/3485009.html.
- Ma Zhigang. “Strong Emphasis on Supply-side Reform: A Conversation with Ding Renzhong, Vice-President of the Regional Economy Research Association and Dean of the Sichuan Normal University”. Economic Daily, November 19, 2015, p. 14.Google Scholar
- Shang Huiyong and Dong Xiaosong. “Accelerating the Transformation of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises through Deep Integration into the Global Industry Chain”. Guangming Daily, September 9, 2015, p. 15.Google Scholar
- Shi Yulong (2015).“Building the Belt and Road based on Capital Construction and Industrial Capacity Cooperation”. Economic Information Daily, July 17, 2015.Google Scholar
- Tian Dewen. “Lessons from the Process of Re-industrialization in Europe and the United States”. People.com.cn, May 22, 2015. http://theory.people.com.cn/n/2015/0522/c40531-27040012.html.
- Wang Zhigang. “Braving Establishing the Forefront of the New Technological Revolution and of Industry Reform”. Qiushi, 2015(1).Google Scholar
- Wang Zhibin. “Promoting the Coordinated Development of the Manufacturing and Service Industries through the Service Model. Keji Shibao, March 25, 2010.Google Scholar
- Yan Qinghua and Yin Heng. “On Innovation in Economic Theory”. Journal of Wuhan University, 2000(4).Google Scholar
- Zhang Hui. “Breaking Barriers and Sharing Data for the Building of Sound Industry Chains”. Hubei Daily, December 13, 2015.Google Scholar
- Zhao Chunming and Wen Lei. “Promoting the Upgrade of China’s Industry Value Chain by Means of New Competitive Advantages”. Hongqi Wengao, 2014(7).Google Scholar
- Zhao Jianjun. “Green development to lead China on path of the ‘Green Rise’”. China.com.cn, November 2, 2015. http://opinion.china.com.cn/opinion_17_140017.html.
- Zhao Jing, Zhu Wenbin and Yang Jing. “Ministry of Environmental Protection: strong efforts to develop green and energy-efficient industries”. CNStock.com, June 28, 2015. http://news.cnstock.com/news/sns_bwkx/201506/3474656.htm.
- Zhou Zixun. “Development Plan for the Coming Five Years Based on the Fifth Plenary Session of the 18th CPC Central Committee”. China Economic Times, November 2, 2015, p. 1.Google Scholar