Flocking of Heterogeneous Multi-agent with Time Delay and Nonlinear Inner-Coupling Functions
In this paper, flocking of heterogeneous multi-agent is researched. The multi-agent consists of two types of agents with different dynamics. Based on some the certain assumptions, a controller with time delay and nonlinear inner-coupling function is given. It can be proved that each agent’s velocity tracks the leader’s by using the Lyapunov stability theory. Particularly, Collisions can be avoided between agents. Finally, a simulation is proposed to test and verify the availability of the controller.
KeywordsMulti-agent Flocking Nonlinear dynamic Time delay
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61573199). Civil Aviation Science and Technology Innovation Directs Fund Major Special Project (MHRD20150107, MHRD20160109). Basic Research Projects of High Education (3122015C025).
- 1.E. Shaw, Fish in schools. Nat. Hist. 84(8), 40–45 (1975)Google Scholar
- 2.C.W. Reynolds, Flocks, herds, and schools: a distributed behavioral model, vol. 21, no. 4, in Computer Graphics, ACM SIGGRAPH, 87 Conference Proceedings, pp. 25–34 (1987)Google Scholar
- 7.H. Su, N. Zhang, M.Z.Q. Chen, H. Wang, X. Wang, Adaptive flocking with a virtual leader of multiple agents governed by locally Lipschitz nonlinearity. Nonlinear Anal. Real World Appl. 14, 798–806 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.S. Ghapani, J. Mei, W. Ren, Flocking with a moving leader for multiple uncertain Lagrange systems. Am. Control Conf. 3189–3194 (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Y. Hong, J. Hu, L. Gao, Tracking control for multi-agent consensus with an active leader and variable topology. Automatica 42, 177–1182 (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Y. Song, M. Gu, Quasi-average consensus in undirected networks of multi-agents with mixed order integrators. Control Eng. China 16(2), 220–222 (2009)Google Scholar