Train Velocity Tracking Control with Considering Wheel-Rail Adhesion
Velocity tracking plays a key role in train safe operation. Furthermore, the complex relation between wheels and rail affects velocity tracking. How to obtain a precise tracking algorithm with considering wheel-rail adhesion is a hard problem. This paper designs controllers in two cases respectively. The first algorithm is obtained based on the known wheel-rail adhesion model, while the second one is given with considering the unknown parameters of adhesion model. The simulation results comfirm the availability of the proposed controllers.
KeywordsVelocity tracking Wheel-rail adhesion Uncertainties Sliding mode control
This work was supported by the NSFC (61327807, 61521091, 61520106010, 61134005) and the National Basic Research Program of China (973 Program: 2012CB821200, 2012CB821201).
- 3.H.-R. Gao, S.-G. Dong, B. Ning, L, Li, Extended fuzzy logic controller for high speed train. Neural Comput. Appl. 22(2), 321–328 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.F. Zhou, Z. Huang, K. Gao, L. Li, H. Liao, J. Peng, Distributed cooperative tracking control for heavy haul trains with event-triggered strategy, in 2016 American Control Conference (ACC) (2016), pp. 770–775Google Scholar
- 14.K. Xu, G.-Q. Xu, C.-H. Zheng, Analysis of torque transmitting behavior and wheel slip prevention control during regenerative braking for high speed EMU trains. Acta Mechanica Sinica 32(2), 244–251 (2016)Google Scholar
- 17.J. Liu, Q. Peng, Z. Huang, H. Li, D. Wang, Y. Chen, F. LinZhou, A novel estimator for adhesion force of railway vehicles braking systems and reference speed calculation. in 2017 29th Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC) (2017), pp. 7606–7611Google Scholar
- 18.J.W. Davis Jr., The tractive resistance of electric locomotives and cars. Gen. Electr. Rev. 29, 2–24 (1926)Google Scholar
- 19.C.F. Zhang, J. Sun, J. He, L.F. Liu, Online estimation of the adhesion coefficient and its derivative based on the cascading SMC observer. J. Sens (2017)Google Scholar
- 20.U. Kiencke, L. Nielsen, Automotive Control Systems (Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2000)Google Scholar