Stabilizing Quadrotor Helicopter with Uncertainties Based on Controlled Lagrangians and Disturbance Observer
How to apply the Controlled Lagrangian method to stabilization controller design for the quadrotor helicopter with uncertainties is investigated in this paper. The dynamical model of the uncertain quadrotor is transformed to a linear model without uncertainties and an uncertain term to facilitate controller design. First, a stabilization controller for linearized model is design based on the Controlled Lagrangian method. For the under-actuated quatrotor, its uncertainties and control inputs are mismatched, the mismatched uncertainties are replaced with equivalent matched uncertainties by utilizing the equivalent disturbance method, then a disturbance observer is constructed to estimate the matched uncertainties, and added to the controller for linearized model to compensate the effect of uncertainties. It is proved that states of the controlled quadrotor are uniformly ultimately bounded and converge to a small neighborhood of the desired equilibrium point. Simulation results verify effectiveness of the proposed controller with the observer.
KeywordsQuadrotor helicopter Controlled Lagrangians Disturbance observer Stabilization
This work is supported by National Natural Science Foundation (NNSF) of China under Grant No. 61673043.
- 1.S. Bouabdallah, A. Noth, R. Siegwart, PID vs LQ control techniques applied to an indoor micro quadrotor, in IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (Sendai, 2004), pp. 2451–2456Google Scholar
- 2.T. Madani, A. Benallegue, Backstepping control for a quadrotor helicopter, in IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (Beijing, 2006), pp. 3255–3260Google Scholar
- 3.B. Zhu, W. Huo, Trajectory linearization control for a quadrotor helicopter, in IEEE International Conference on Control and Automation (Xiamen, 2010), pp. 34–39Google Scholar
- 6.A.M. Bloch, N. Ehrich Leonard, J.E. Marsden, Stabilization of mechanical systems using controlled Lagrangians, in IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (San Diego, 1997), pp. 2356–2361Google Scholar
- 10.K. Machleidt, J. Kroneis, S. Liu, Stabilization of the Furuta Pendulum using a nonlinear control law based on the method of controlled Lagrangians, in IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (Vigo, 2007), pp. 2129–2134Google Scholar
- 11.Z. Liao, W. Huo, Tracking control of underactuated mechanical systems based on controlled Lagrangians, in IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (Athens, 2012), pp. 278–283Google Scholar
- 12.B. Zhang, W. Huo, Stabilizing quadrotor helicopter based on controlled Lagrangians, in Chinese Intelligent Systems Conference (Mudanjiang, 2017), pp. 685–695Google Scholar
- 13.B. Zhang, W. Huo, Stabilization of quadrotor with air drag based on controlled Lagrangians method, in Chinese Automation Congress (Jinan, 2017), pp. 5798–5801Google Scholar