Second-Order Fluid Through Porous Medium in a Rotating Channel with Hall Current
Thermal and mass diffusion of time-dependent hydromagnetic second-order fluid through porous medium has been considered. The porous medium is formed between two vertical parallel plates. The buoyancy force generates the free convection. In this investigation the effect of external heat agency is also considered. The governing equations of the flow field are solved using regular perturbation technique. The expressions for velocity, temperature concentration and skin friction are obtained analytically. The variation of skin friction with the combination of different flow parameters computed using MATLAB software is represented graphically.
KeywordsSecond-order fluid Heat and mass transfer MHD Porous media Hall current
I gratefully acknowledge to Dr. R. Choudhury, Professor, Department of Mathematics, Gauhati University for her valuable help during the preparation of the paper.
- 3.Choudhary, R., Das, U.J.: Heat transfer to MHD oscillatory viscoelastic flow in a channel filled with porous medium. Phys. Res. Int. (2012). https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/879537
- 8.Jana, R.N., Datta, N.: Couette flow and heat transfer in a rotating system. Acta Mech. 26, 301–306 (1977)Google Scholar
- 9.Kumar, R., Chand, K.: Effect of slip conditions and Hall current on unsteady MHD flow of a viscoelastic fluid past an infinite vertical porous plate through porous medium. Int. J. Eng. Sci. Tech. 3, 3124–3133 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Seth, G.S., Nandkeolyar, R., Ansari, MdS: Unsteady MHD convective flow within a parallel plate rotating channel with thermal source/sink in a porous medium under slip boundary conditions. Int. J. Eng. Sci. Technol. 2(11), 1–16 (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Singh, K.D.: Exact solution of MHD mixed convection periodic flow in a rotating vertical channel with heat radiation. Int. J. Appl. Mech. Eng. (IJAME) 18, 853–869 (2013)Google Scholar
- 15.Singh, K.D.: Viscoelastic mixed convection MHD oscillatory flow through a porous medium filled in a vertical channel. Int. J. Phy. Math. Sci. 3, 194–205 (2012)Google Scholar
- 16.Singh, A.K., Singh, N.P.: MHD flow of a dusty viscoelastic liquid through a porous medium between two inclined parallel plates. In: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India, vol. 66A, pp. 143–150 (1966)Google Scholar
- 17.Sulochana, P: Hall current effects on unsteady MHD convective flow of heat generating/absorbing fluid through porous medium in a rotating parallel plate channel. Int. J. Adv. Res. Ideas Innov. Tech. 2(6), 1–11 (2016)Google Scholar
- 18.Vidyanidhuand, V., Nigam, S.D.: Secondary flow in a rotating channel. J. Math. Phys. Sci. 1, 85(1967)Google Scholar