IoT-Based Vibration Measurement System for Industrial Contactors
Vibration analysis is made to study the behavior of the contactors during abnormal conditions. Contactors are electrical devices which are used in many applications such as lighting control, conveyor systems, and so on. Contactors produce noise and vibration during abnormal conditions, which shows that it is a bad contactor. At present, the testing of contactors, whether good or bad, is done manually which is prone to human error. This paper presents the set up which uses vibration sensor to measure the vibration. The sensors used here are accelerometer and vibration sensor. The obtained vibration is analyzed using LabVIEW software. From the analysis made, a threshold is set to differentiate the good contactors from the bad ones. This method is very cheap to implement. It provides better accuracy than many other existing methods. Further, the number of good contactors detected per day will be intimated to the higher officials through cloud computing.
KeywordsVibration Contactor LabVIEW Accelerometer sensor Contact time
The authors would like to thank Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences (deemed to be University) for providing all the necessary facilities to carry out the experiment successfully.
- 1.Bouayed, K., Mebarek, L., Lanfranchi, V., Chazot, J.D., Marechal, R., Hamdi, M.A.: Noise and vibration of a power transformer under an electrical excitation. Applied Acoustic (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.Zhang, H., Corr, L.R., Ma, T.: Effects of electrical loads containing non-resistive components on electromagnetic vibration energy harvester performance. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, pp 55–66 (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Latane, P.C., Punit Urolgin, C., Ruskone, R.: Fault Detection in Electric Motors Using Vibration Analysis and DSP Processor. Int. J. Innovative Res. Sci. Eng. Technol. 5 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Al-Yafawi, A., Patil, S., Yu, D., Park, S., Pitarresi, J., Goo, N.: Random Vibration Test for Electronic Assemblies Fatigue Life Estimation, pp 1–7 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Djokic, S.Z., Milanovic, J.V., Kirschen, D.S.: Sensitivity of AC coil contactors to voltage sags, short interruptions, and undervoltage transients. IEEE Trans. Power Delivery 19, 1299–1307 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Patel, V.K., Patel, M.N.: Development of smart sensing unit for vibration measurement by embedding accelerometer with the Arduino microcontroller. Int. J. Instrum. Sci. 7, 1–7 (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Betta, G., Liguori, C., Paolillo, A., Pietrosanto, A.: A DSP-based FFT-Analyzer for the Fault Diagnosis of Rotating Machine Based on Vibration Analysis, pp. 572–577 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Shu, L., Xu, C., Wu, G.: Impact Detection of Intelligent AC Contactors and Optimization of the Dynamic Characteristics, pp. 1065–1069 (2015)Google Scholar