Regional Factors Influencing Innovation
As an organization grows and wishes to enter different regions, it needs to adapt its products/services based on regional factors. This chapter looks at the different considerations at play, based on the regional socioeconomic, political, developmental, and historic parameters. It describes how an organization should factor in these regional dimensions in developing a strategy for a region.
KeywordsRegional factors Indices Affordability Features Performance Regulatory frameworks Talent AYUSH Long tail BOP—bottom of pyramid Developing economies Leapfrog Youth Health Cube Developed economies
- Afuah, A. (2003). Innovation Management: Strategies, Implementation, and Profits. Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN-10: 0195142306, ISBN-13: 978-0195142303.Google Scholar
- Anderson, C. (2009). The Longer Long Tail. New York, NY: RH Business Books, Random House.Google Scholar
- Arabian Business. (2017, October 22). UAE Appoints Minister for Artificial Intelligence. Retrieved from http://www.arabianbusiness.com/politics-economics/381648-uae-appoints-first-minister-for-artificial-intelligence.
- AYUSH, Ministry of AYUSH, India. Retrieved from http://ayush.gov.in/.
- Brunner, Hans Peter. (2016). Innovation Networks and the New Asian Regionalism: A Knowledge Platform on Economic Productivity. Edward Elgar Publishing and Asian Development Bank.Google Scholar
- Health Cube. (2018). Retrieved from www.healthcubed.com.
- Huang, E. (2018, April). China has become a Technological Powerhouse in Artificial Intelligence. CNBC. Retrieved from www.cnbc.com/2018/04/12/china-has-become-a-technological-powerhouse-in-artificial-intelligence-says-global-robo-ceo.html.
- Nag, B. (2014). My World with Rafiki, An Economic Travelogue and Miscellany. Partridge: Penguin.Google Scholar
- Nag, B. (2016). Emerging Production Network between India and ASEAN: An Analysis of Value Added trade in Select Industries. In D. Chakraborty & J. Mukherjee (Eds.), Trade, Investment and Economic Development in Asia: Empirical and Policy Issues (pp. 41–67). Abingdon: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Swachh Map. (2018). Retrieved from www.swachhmap.com.
- UN Urban Habitat Reports. UN Habitat’s Online Reports, UN Habitat. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://urbandata.unhabitat.org/compare-cities/.