Finding Business Focus with ICT
This chapter highlights the importance of focus and emphasizes why having focus is a matter of survival and growth; it shows the consequences of losing focus and helps an organization in discovering, retaining, and leveraging focus, as pertinent to one’s business. It gives a process and the relevant tools for establishing focus. It also explores how ICT and open innovation can help in this process, and for different organizations.
KeywordsFocus Niche Domain knowledge Walmart Leftyslefthanded Market gaps Product viability Channels Business Model Canvas Pivoting Lean Startup Model Connectivity TOGAF Startup Telco Amazon NASA Apple Inessentials Wastage Redundancies
- Birudavolu, Sriram (2015): “Open Innovation in ICT: An Empirical Assesment of Global Telecommunications Services”; Unpublished Thesis submitted for PhD at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi.Google Scholar
- Creaner, M. (2017, September). Telco Digital Transformation: The Conditions, Journeys, and Destinations. Huawei. Retrieved from http://www.huawei.com/en/about-huawei/publications/winwin-magazine/plus-intelligence/telco-digital-transformation.
- Griffin, T. (2017). 12 Things about Product-Market Fit. Retrieved from https://a16z.com/2017/02/18/12-things-about-product-market-fit/.
- James, C., & Harney, B. (2012). Strategy & Strategists. Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Kim, C., & Mauborgne, R. (2005, 2015). Blue Ocean Strategy. Harvard Business Review Press, ISBN 1-59139-619-0 978-1-62527-449-6 (Expanded Edition).Google Scholar
- Lance, V. (2016). Top 20 Reasons Why Startups Fail. Forbes. Retrieved from www.forbes.com/sites/groupthink/2016/03/02/top-20-reasons-why-startups-fail-infographic.
- Maurya, Ash, 2018, Lean Canvas, Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/Ash-Maurya/e/B006MW5OSS.
- NASA Tech Briefs. (2018). Retrieved from www.techbriefs.com.
- Osterwalder, A., & Pigneur, Y. (2010). Business Model Generation. John Wiley and Sons, ISBN-10: 0470876417, ISBN-13: 978-0470876411Google Scholar
- Ries, A. (1996). Focus: The Future of Your Company Depends On It. New York: HarperCollins.Google Scholar
- Ries, E. (2011). The Lean Startup. Crown Publishing, ISBN: 0307887898.Google Scholar
- Wildcat Ventures. (2017). The Traction Gap Framework. Retrieved from http://wildcat.vc/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Traction-Gap-Framework-9.14.17.pdf.