Technique of Face Recognition Based on PCA with Eigen-Face Approach
PCA is utilized in the area of recognition of face, fingerprint, handprint, industrial robotics, and mobile robotics. In the face recognition, research shows that the success rate is not satisfactory for a variant of poses which have rotation gap of more than 30°. If there are lots of variations in lightning, expressions, and pose variation, then PCA results are not up to the mark in the existing algorithm. This problem is arising in mind. The objective of the present paper is to study and propose modified PCA and Eigen-face-based algorithm to improve result with the accuracy of face recognition. In this paper, we focus on the pose variations which have 30° range of pose in image.
KeywordsPCA Eigen-face Euclidian distance
The work reported in this chapter is approved by the ethical approval committee of School of Computational Science, SRTMU, Nanded (MS)-India. The committee consists of Dr. G. V. Chowdhary (Chairman), Dr. S. D. Khamitkar, Dr. H. S. Fadewar, Mr. M. D. Wangikar. Further, the subjects under test had given their written consent for the experiments and publication of this work.
- 1.Zhujie, Y.L.Y.: Face recognition with Eigen faces. In: Proceeding of IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technol, USA, pp. 434–438 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Patil, M., Iyer, B., Arya, R.: Performance evaluation of PCA and ICA algorithm for facial expression recognition application. In: Proceedings of Fifth International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving, pp. 965–976 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Terence, S., Rahul, S., Mathew, M., Shumeet, B.: Memory based face recognition for visitor identification. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition, Pitresburg (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Turk, Pentland: Face Recognition Using Eigenfaces, IEEE CH2983-5/91, pp. 586–591Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, L., Tan, T., Hu, W.: Face tracking using motion-guided dynamic template matching. In: 5th Asian Conference on Computer Vision, 23–25 January 2002, Melbourne, Australia, pp. 1–6Google Scholar
- 7.Weinberger, K.Q., Blitzer, J., Saul, L.K.: Distance metric learning for large margin nearest neighbor classification. In: International Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), 2008Google Scholar
- 8.Torre, F.D.L., Black, M.J.: Face recognition based on eigen faces. In: IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV ‘2001), Vancouver, Canada, July 2010Google Scholar
- 9.Deshpande, P., Iyer, B.: Research directions in the internet of every things (IoET). In: International Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation (ICCCA), pp. 1353–1357 (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Pentland, A., Moghaddam, B., Starner, T.: View-based and modular eigenspaces for face recognition. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 21–23 June 2010, Washington, USA, pp. 84–91Google Scholar
- 11.Haiyang, Z.: Face Recognition Based on DCT and PCA. In: Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Phiasai, T., Arunrungrusmi, S., Chamnongthai, K.: Face recognition system with PCA and moment invariant method. In: Procceeding of IEEE Inernational Symposium on Circuits System, pp. 165–168 (2001)Google Scholar