Design of UWB Monopole Antenna with Enhanced Gain Using Partially Reflective Surface
The A low cost, high gain microstrip line feed UWB monopole antenna embedded with partially reflective surface is proposed in this paper. The antenna structure consists of UWB antenna, which acts as a main radiating element and that is fed with a array of total 30 square copper cells, which are considered on low permittivity substrate and suspended in air with the help of dielectric rods at height of 0.5 λ0. The antenna with partially reflective surface gives enhancement of 1–2.7 dB gain in UWB range. The proposed structure is an attractive solution of poor gain problem in ultra wideband communication systems.
KeywordsPartially reflective surface UWB antenna Monopole antenna
The author would like to thank the Gujarat Council on Science and Technology, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India for funding under minor research project program. Authors are also thankful to Charutar Vidyamandal and the management of ADIT, Gujarat, India for their motivation and support.
- 1.Allen, B., Dohler, M., Okon, E.E., Malik, W.Q., Brown, A.K., Edwards, D.J.: Ultra-Wideband Antennas and Propagation For Communications, Radar and Imaging. Wiley, England (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Iyer, B., Garg, M., Pathak, N., Ghosh, D.: Concurrent dual-band RF system for human respiration rate and heartbeat detection. In: IEEE Conference on Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), pp. 749–753 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Ranadkaew, T., Rakluea, P.: A compact moon shaped super wideband thin-film antenna. In: Proceedings of 13th International Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Tele-communications and Information Technology (ECTI-CON), Chiang Mai, pp. 1–4 (2016)Google Scholar
- 12.Lin, C.C., Chuang, H.R.: A 3–12 GHz UWB planar triangular monopole antenna with ridged ground-plane. Progress Electromag. Res., vol. 83, pp. 191–198 (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.CST Microwave Studio, Version 17Google Scholar
- 16.Ghosh, A., Das, S.: Gain enhancement of slot antenna using laminated conductor layers. In: International Conference on Devices, Circuits and Communications (ICDCCom), Ranchi, India, pp. 1–4 (2014)Google Scholar
- 19.Cheung, S.W., Li, Q.L., Wu, D., Yuk, T.I.: Microwave lens using multi-layer substrates for antenna gain enhancement. In: 10th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), Davos, pp. 1–4 (2016)Google Scholar