Preparing Manuscript from Thesis Material and Selecting Journals for Submission
The best way of getting the thesis work and the research outcome known to the rest of the world is to get it published in a scientific journal.
The skill of preparing an article out of a dissertation can be acquired and mastered by familiarizing oneself with original articles published in various journals.
The International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) provides assistance in preparing the manuscript and the submission process.
Indexing often serves as the officially recognized database where researchers and scholars can reliably find high quality scientific journals for publication.
Predatory, scholarly open-access journals generally have weak peer-review system and often charge the authors a heavy processing fee. Submission to these questionable open-access standalone publishers to be avoided.
Familiarizing oneself with manuscript submission and tracking system helps in publishing the thesis work in a shorter time frame.
- 1.Lancaster FW, Smith LC. Science, scholarship and the communication of knowledge. Lib Trends, Winter. 1978;27:367–88.Google Scholar
- 5.Peh WC, Ng KH. Preparing a manuscript for submission. Singap Med J. 2009;50(8):759–61.Google Scholar
- 7.Uniform requirements for manuscripts submitted to biomedical journals. Writing and editing for biomedical publication. J Pharmacol Pharmacother. 2010;1(1):42–58.Google Scholar
- 8.Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals- Updated December 2016. Available from: http://www.icmje.org/icmje-recommendations.pdf. Accessed 29 Aug 2017.
- 9.International Committee of Medical Journal Editors- Manuscript preparation Available from: http://www.icmje.org/recommendations/browse/manuscript-preparation/. Accessed 29 Aug 2017.
- 14.Shokraneh F, Ilghami R, Masoomi R, Amanollahi A. How to select a journal to submit and publish your biomedical paper? Bio Impacts. 2012;2(1):61–8.Google Scholar
- 21.Scholarly Open Access. List of Publishers: Beall’s List. Available from: http://scholarlyoa.com/publishers/. Accessed 25 Aug 2017.
- 22.Index Copernicus International. Available from: http://en.indexcopernicus.com/. Accessed 25 Aug 2017.
- 25.Llewellyn RD, Pellack LJ, Shonrock DD. The use of electronic-only journals in scientific research. Issues Sci Tech Librarian. 2002; https://doi.org/10.5062/F41V5BZM.
- 33.Wager E. Do medical journals provide clear and consistent guidelines on authorship? Med Gen Med. 2007;9(3):16.Google Scholar