Methods and Materials in a Thesis
Clearly written methods and materials is the first step to good scientific research.
Enough details should be provided about the cases, controls and methods to permit replication of study by other researchers.
Adherence to ethical guidelines must be ensured in the proposed research.
The basis of calculating the sample size and proposed analysis of results should be valid and clearly defined.
- 3.Gupta P, Singh N. How to write the thesis and thesis protocol A primer for medical, dental and nursing courses. New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers; 2014. p. 75–82.Google Scholar
- 4.Chow SC, Wang H, Shao J. Sample size calculations in clinical research. New York: CRC Press; 2007. p. 6–21.Google Scholar
- 5.Biggam J. Succeeding with your master's dissertation: a step-by-step handbook. London: McGraw-Hill Education (UK); 2015. p. 88–91.Google Scholar
- 6.Patra P. Sample size in clinical research, the number we need. Int J Med Sci Public Health. 2012;1(1):5–9.Google Scholar
- 7.World Health Organization Informed Consent Form Template for Clinical Studies. Available from: http://www.who.int/rpc/research_ethics/informed_consent/en/.
- 8.Ganguly NK, Geeta J, Roli M, Valiathan MS. Ethical guidelines for biomedical research on human participants. New Delhi: ICMR; 2006. p. 2–7.Google Scholar