Complication of Filler Procedures
- 55 Downloads
As filler procedures become more popular, the frequency and types of side effects are increasing and becoming more diverse. Prior to the popularization of filler procedures, foreign body reactions and cases of granulomas caused by illegal procedures were reported as side effects. Since filler procedures have become more popular, skin necrosis and more recently, blindness has become issue due to vascular complications.
- 1.Fraser JRE, et al. Turn over and metabolism of hyaluronan. The biology of hyaluronan. CibaFound Symp. 1989;143:41–59.Google Scholar
- 3.Kho I-S, Lee W. Hyaluronic acid filler and hyaluronidase Filler Complications Spingernature, pp 27–40.Google Scholar
- 7.Glaish AS. Injection necrosis of the glabella: protocol for prevention and treatment after use of dermal fillers. Dermatol Surg. 2006;32:276–81.Google Scholar
- 12.Fraser JRE, Laurent TE. Turnover and metabolism of hyaluronan. In: Evered D, Wheelan J (eds) The Biology of hyaluronan. Ciba Found Symp; 1989;143: 41–59.Google Scholar
- 14.King M, et al. The use of hyaluronidase in aesthetic practice(v.2.4) J Clin Aesthet Dermatol 2018;11(6):E61–E68.Google Scholar
- 15.Buhren BA, et al. Hyaluronidase: from clinical applications to molecular and cellular mechanism Eur J Med Res. 2016;21:5.Google Scholar
- 16.Lee W, et al. Effectiveness of retrobulbar hyaluronidase injection in an iatrogenic blindness Rabbit model. Plast Reconstru Surg. 2019;144:137.Google Scholar
- 17.Lee W, et al. Comparative effectiveness of different interventions of perivascular hyaluronidase PRS-D-19-01428R2.Google Scholar
- 18.Baley-Spindel I et al. Perivascular hyaluronidase with Alteplase as treatment for hyaluronic acid filler. Aesthet Surg J, sjz101, https://doi.org/10.1093/asj/sjz101.
- 22.Zhu GZ, Sun ZS, Liao W-X, Cai B, Chen C-L, Zheng H-H, et al. Efficacy of retrobulbar hyaluronidase injection for vision loss resulting from hyaluronic acid filler embolization. Aesthet Surg J. 2017;1–11.Google Scholar
- 23.Hwang K (2016) Hyperbaric oxygen therapy to avoid blindness from filler injection. J Craniofacial Surg, 1–3.Google Scholar