Occupant Restraint System Optimization of Microbus in Front Crash
In order to optimize occupant restraint system and improve the safety of occupant, the effect of occupant restraint system of microbus on head and chest injury is studied. The numerical simulation model is built by MADYMO software according to the frontal crash regulations. The numerical occupant restraint system model of microbus is composed of microbus body, occupant restraint system, and dummy. Based on the calculating results of MADYMO, Head Injury Criterion (HIC), and the amount of chest compression, the safety elongation is 13%, and the limited stress is 4.5 kN. Compared with the occupant restraint system of Microbus before optimization, the WIC, HIC, and chest compression decreased of optimized occupant restraint system decreased by 21.2, 30.8, 1% respectively.
KeywordsVehicle collision Microbus Occupant restraint system MADYMO
The research reported in this paper is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51108068), the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (Grant No. 2572017DB01), Natural Science Foundation of Heilongjiang province (Grant No. E201350), and the S&T Plan Projects of Heilongjiang Provincial Education Department (Grant No. 11553025).
- 2.Sheng T (2016) Occupant restraint system simulation and optimization based on TESW. J Trans Nanjing Univ Aeronaut Astronaut 33(22):224–230Google Scholar
- 3.Martins H, Occupant injury optimization for non-ait bags vehicles. SAE Paper, 2003-01-3752Google Scholar
- 4.Jian Yuan, Zhengdong Sun, Yongwan Shi (2002) Design optimization and simulation of safety belt. J Automot Eng 24(2):160–163Google Scholar
- 5.Lin Y, Zhang J, Zhao Y (2003) Performance analysis and improved design on microbus occupant restraint system. J Mech Eng 14(19):1694–1696Google Scholar
- 6.Ruhai GE, ZHANG Ling, Wang Haotao (2009) Analysis on the influence for the protection on frontal impact by vehicle seat cushion obliquity. J Mech Eng 45(11):230–234Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang W, Liu H (2008) Occupant restraint system simulation design optimization based on Kriging model and optimization method. J Hunan Univ (Nat Sci) 35(6):23–26Google Scholar
- 8.Li T, Li G, Gao H, Chen T (2010) Performance improvement of occupant research system. J China Mech Eng 21(8):993–999Google Scholar
- 9.Tao Ma, Zhang W, Tang T (2014) Study on multi-parameter optimization of occupant restraint system based on global sensitivity analysis and Kriging model. J China Mech Eng 25(13):1813–1816Google Scholar