Time Series Piecewise Linear Representation Based on Trend Feature Points
As local maximum and minimum can reflect the trend feature of subsequence, an approach of time series piecewise linear representation based on trend feature point is proposed. The points with large fluctuation can be extracted by judging the variation amplitude of slope. The results of the experiment show that the LMMS algorithm can meet the requirements of different compression ratios, and ensure small fitting error, stable performance, and good adaptability in time series datasets with low volatility. It has nice fitting effect in the volatile datasets under the low compression ratio condition. The relationship between the fitting error of piecewise linear representation algorithm with the whole fluctuation ratio of data and compression ratio is discussed. It can provide a certain reference for time series data mining effectively.
KeywordsTime series Local maximum and minimum Variation amplitude of slope Trend feature point Piecewise linear representation
This work was supported by the Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 61262016, the Saier project of Chinese Education Ministry under Grant No. NGII20150615.
- 1.Keogh E, Smyth P (1997) A probabilistic approach to fast pattern matching in time series databases. Knowl Disc Databases 1997:24–30Google Scholar
- 2.Keogh E, Chu S, Hart D et al (2001) An online algorithm for segmenting time series, In: Proceedings of IEEE 13th international conference on data mining (ICDM), San Jose, CA, USA, pp 289–296Google Scholar
- 5.Perng CS, Wang H, Zhang SR et al (2000) Landmarks: a new model for similarity-based pattern querying in time series databases. In: Proceedings IEEE 16th international conference on data engineering, San Diego, CA, USA, pp 33–42Google Scholar
- 7.Zhan Y, Xu R, Chen X (2006) Time series piecewise linear representation based on slop extract edge point. Comput Sci 33(11):139–142Google Scholar
- 8.Jia PT, LIN W, He HC (2008) Adaptive piecewise linear representation of time series based on error restricted. Comput Eng Appl 44(5):10–13Google Scholar
- 9.Guerrero JL, Berlanga A, García J et al (2010) Piecewise linear representation segmentation as a multiobjective optimization problem, distributed computing and artificial intelligence. Springer, Berlin, pp 267–274Google Scholar
- 11.Hu B, Rakthanmanon T, Hao Y et al (2014) Using the minimum description length to discover the intrinsic cardinality and dimensionality of time series. Data Min Knowl Discov 2014:1–42Google Scholar
- 12.Zhou Q, Wu TJ (2007) Trend feature extraction method based on important points in time series. J Zhejiang Univ (Eng Sci) 41(11):1782–1787Google Scholar
- 15.Zhao H, Guo L-L, Zeng X-Y (2016) Evaluation of bus vibration comfort based on passenger crowdsourcing mode. Math Probl Eng 2016(2132454):10pGoogle Scholar