An Improved Bio-inspired BAT Algorithm for Optimization
Metaheuristic algorithms are used today to solve many optimization-related problems. The firefly algorithm, particle swarm optimization, harmony search and BAT algorithm are used as metaheuristic searched algorithms to find the optimized solution of the problem domain. The BAT algorithm was developed by using the unique characteristics of BAT which used the advanced capability of echolocation to move in the dark, avoid obstacles or barrier and also find its food or pray. The main aim of this paper is to represent and translate the behaviour of BAT algorithm in the form of improved BAT algorithm. The paper also describes the implication, advantage, disadvantage and application of BAT algorithm in different areas used by diversified authors.
KeywordsMetaheuristic algorithms BAT algorithm Optimization problem Echolocation Pulse rate
- 1.Xin-She Yang: Bat algorithm: literature review and applications, Int. J. Bio-Inspired Computation, Vol. 5, No. 3, (2013) 141–149.Google Scholar
- 2.Khan, K., Nikov, A., Sahai A: A fuzzy bat clustering method for ergonomic screening of office workplaces, S3T 2011, Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, 2011, Volume 101/2011, pp. 59–66.Google Scholar
- 3.Yang, X. S.: Bat algorithm for multi-objective optimisation, Int. J. Bio-Inspired Computation, Vol. 3, No. 5, (2011), 267–274.Google Scholar
- 4.Komarasamy, G., Wahi, A.: An optimized K-means clustering technique using bat algorithm, European J. Scientific Research, Vol. 84, No. 2, (2011)263–273.Google Scholar
- 5.Lin, J. H., Chou,C. W., Yang, C. H. Tsai, H. L.: A chaotic Levy flightbat algorithm for parameter estimation in nonlinear dynamic biological systems, J.Computer and Information Technology, Vol. 2, No. 2, (2012) 56–63.Google Scholar
- 6.Nakamura, R. Y. M., Pereira, L. A. M., Costa, K. A., Rodrigues, D., Papa, J. P. Yang, X. S.: BBA: A Binary bat algorithm for feature selection, in: 25th SIBGRAPI Conference on Graphics, Patterns and Images (SIBGRAPI), (2012) 291–297.Google Scholar
- 7.Goutam Das: Bat algorithm based Softcomputing Approach to Perceive Hairline Bone Fracture in Medical X-ray Images, International Journal of Computer Science & Engineering Technology (IJCSET) Vol. 4 No. 04, (2013) 435.Google Scholar
- 8.Monica Sood: K-Medoids Clustering Technique using Bat Algorithm” International Journal of Applied Information Systems (IJAIS),USA Volume 5, No. 8, (2013) 535–560.Google Scholar
- 9.Ahmed Fouad Ali: Accelerated Bat Algorithm for Solving Integer Programming Problems, Egyptian Computer Science Journal Vol. 39 No. 1 (2015).Google Scholar
- 10.Sonia Goyal; Manjeet Singh Patterh:Wireless Sensor Network Localization Based on BAT Algorithm, International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Computational and Applied Sciences (IJETCAS), (2013) 507–518.Google Scholar
- 11.Anand, R; A. Azeezur Rahman: Solution of Unit Commitment Problem Using BAT Algorithm” IJETI International Journal of Engineering & Technology Innovations, Vol. 1 Issue 2, (2014).Google Scholar
- 12.Bandi Ramesh; V Chandra Jagan Mohan; V C Veera Reddy: Application ofBat Algorithm For Combined Economic Load And Emission Dispatch, Int. J. Elec & Electr. Eng & Telecoms. (2013).Google Scholar
- 13.Anping Song; Mingbo Li; Xuehai Ding; Wei Cao; Ke Pu: Community Detection Using Discrete Bat Algorithm, IAENG International Journal of Computer Science, (2014)Google Scholar
- 14.Yazan A. Alsariera; Hammoudeh S. Alamri; Abdullah M. Nasser; Mazlina A. Majid; Kamal Z. Zamli: Comparative Performance Analysis of Bat Algorithm and Bacterial Foraging Optimization Algorithm using Standard Benchmark Functions, 8th. Malaysian Software Engineering Conference (MySEC), Langkawi, (2014) 295–300.Google Scholar
- 15.Eva Tuba; Milan Tuba; Dana Simian: Handwritten Digit Recognition by Support Vector Machine Optimized by Bat Algorithm, GECCO’17 Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference Companion, (2017)125–126.Google Scholar
- 16.B. Vijay Kumar; N. V. Srikanth: Bat Algorithm and Firefly Algorithm for Improving Dynamic Stability of Power Systems Using UPFC, International Journal on Electrical Engineering and Informatics, Volume 8, Number 1, (2016).Google Scholar
- 17.Xian-Bing Meng; X. Z. Gao; Yu Liu, Hengzhen Zhang “A novel bat algorithm with habitat selection and Doppler effect in echoes for optimization”http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2015.04.0260957-4174_2015 Elsevier Ltd.
- 18.Wasi Ul Kabir; Nazmus Sakib; Syed Mustafizur Rahman Chowdhury; Mohammad Shafiul Alam: A Novel Adaptive Bat Algorithm to Control Explorations and Exploitations for Continuous Optimization Problems, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 94 – No 13, May 2014Google Scholar
- 19.A Novel Hybrid Xianbing Meng; X. Z. Gao; Yu Liu: Bat Algorithm with Differential Evolution Strategy for Constrained Optimization, International Journal of Hybrid Information Technology Vol. 8, No. 1 (2015).Google Scholar
- 20.Selim Yilmaz; Ecir U. Kucuksille: Improved Bat Algorithm (IBA) on Continuous Optimization Problems, Lecture Notes on Software Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 3, August 2013 https://doi.org/10.7763/lnse.2013.v1.61 279.
- 21.Yogita Gigras; Kusum Gupta; Vandana, Kavita Choudhary: A Comparison between Bat Algorithm and Cuckoo Search for Path Planning, International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering Vol. 3, Issue 5, May 2015.Google Scholar