Polishing on Cubic Boron Nitride Abrasive Materials of Bearing Hollow Roller
In order to solve the engineering problem for uniformly polishing the inner hole of the bearing hollow roller, the abrasive flow machining method was used to polish the hollow bearing of the large bearing with 46 mesh/220 mesh cubic boron nitride (CBN) abrasive. The experimental results showed that the difficult polished surface could be obtained by using various particle size of CBN abrasive under the same abrasive flow machine (AFM) parameters. Moreover, the polished surface matched with the used CBN abrasive. In addition, the polishing effect was better if the uniform precision polishing was performed in steps for polishing thicker oxide film machining surface.
KeywordsAbrasive flow machine Hollow pillar roller polishing CBN abrasive
The financial support for this research provided by the General project of scientific research of Liaoning Province in China No. L2015085 and No. L201613 and the abrasive flow machine equipment provided in the experiment by the of the Dalian university of technology are greatly appreciated.
- 1.J. Rhoads, Abrasive Flow Machining, Cutting Tool Engineering, pp. 75–78 (1988)Google Scholar
- 2.J. Rhoads, T. Kohut, N.N. Fick et al., Abrasive flow machining and polishing device: US. Patent 012335 (1994)Google Scholar
- 5.L.J. Rhoades, The development of abrasive flow machine in multitudinous production. Automobile manufacturing international symposium on equipment and technology and process set (1) (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.R.E. Williams, K.P. Rajurkar, Metal removal and surface finish characteristics in abrasive flow machining, in Mechanics of Deburring and Surface Finishing Processes. New york, ASME, 1989 93–106Google Scholar
- 7.G. Song, Abrasive Flow Machining Technology of Theoretical Analysis and Experimental Study (TaiYuan University of technology, TaiYuan, 2010)Google Scholar
- 9.L.J. Rhoads, T. Kohut, N.N. Fick et al, Abrasive flow machining and polishing device: PCT/US1994/012335. China, CN1069859C (1994), pp. 10–24Google Scholar
- 12.P.J. Davices, A.J. Fletcher, J. Mech. Eng. Sci. 209(6), 408–418 (1995)Google Scholar
- 13.A.J. Flectcher, A. Fioravanti, Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. 210, 254–265 (1996)Google Scholar