Effect of Rolling Process on Microstructure and Magnetic Properties of 50W800 Electrical Steel
The effects of microstructure and texture on the magnetic properties of 50W800 non-oriented electrical steel produced by secondary and single cold rolling and annealing process were studied by Zeiss metallographic microscope and X-ray diffraction (XRD). The results showed that under the same composition and the same process parameters, the performance of using secondary cold rolling 50W800 was better than that by single cold rolling method. The iron loss of the final finished steel after annealing by secondary cold rolling was 4.550 W/kg (P15/50), the magnetic induction reached 1.749T (50 Hz, 5000 A/m) and the average grain size was 33 µm. The iron loss of the final finished steel after annealing by single cold rolling was 4.924 W/kg (P15/50), the magnetic induction reached 1.742T (50 Hz, 5000 A/m) and the average grain size was 24.8 μm. The iron loss of the secondary cold rolling iron loss decreased by 0.374w (P15/50), the magnetic induction increased by 0.007T (50 Hz, 5000 A/m), the average grain size increased by 8.2 μm.
KeywordsNon-oriented electrical steel Rolling process Microstructure Texture Magnetic properties
This research was funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China (51661026), China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (2016M602914XE), Inner Mongolia Natural Science Foundation (2015BS0508), Key project of Inner Mongolia University of Technology (ZD201509) and Innovative experiment of college students at Inner Mongolia University of Technology (2016037).
- 1.D.S. Petrovič, Non-oriented electrical steel sheets. Mater. Tehnol. 44, 317–325 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Z.Z. He, Y. Zhao, H.W. Luo, Electrical Steel (Metallurgical Industry Press, Beijing, 2012)Google Scholar
- 3.L. Ma, L. Xiao, S.T. Qiu, P. Zhao, Effect of double cold rolling on magnetic property and microstructure of non-oriented high silicon steel sheets cast by strip casting process. J. Iron Steel Res. 25, 42–46 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.W.M. Mao, X.B. Zhao, Recrystallization and Grain Growth of Metals (Metallurgical Industry Press, Beijing, 1994)Google Scholar
- 6.J.W. Zhao, W.K. Zhang, X. Miao, Effect of percentage reduction in two-stage cold rolling on microstructure, texture and magnetic properties of high grade non-oriented silicon steel sheets. Iron and Steel 47, 69–72 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.G.Q. Hu, Y.P. Zeng, H. Luo, L.J. Wang, Annealing microstructure evolution of a new cold-rolled non-oriented electrical steel with high cold rolling reduction. Heat Treat. Met. 36, 87–90 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.C.X. Jia, L. Xiang, G.B. Tang, S.T. Qiu, H.J. Zhao, Evolution of microstructure and texture of 50W1300 non-oriented silicon steels. Iron Steel Vanadium Titan. 33, 82–87 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.W.M. Mao, P. Yang, Material Science Principles on Electrical Steel (Higher Education Press, Beijing, 2013)Google Scholar
- 10.W.M. Mao, X.J. Zhang, Quantitative Texture Analysis of Crystalline Materials (Metallurgical Industry Press, Beijing, 1993)Google Scholar