Sustainability of Community Managed Disaster Risk Reduction Projects
Disaster risk reduction management (DRRM) initiatives attract political and financial commitments from government compared to rescue; relief and reconstruction and rehabilitation components of disaster management. The importance of DRRM is eclipsed by the urgency of the other components. Further, the invisibility of DRRM makes it less expedient politically.
- A Guide To Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction in Central Asia (2006).Google Scholar
- Annex A: Community-Based Disaster Risk Reduction, Community Resilience and HFA1 (UN, 2005). Retrieved October 23, 2015, from https://www.google.co.in/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=Tb8pVtZMpu_zB8fYkcgD#q=Government+accountability+through+comm.
- Asthana, Vinay. (2014, September 27). “Disaster Risk Management, Shifting Paradigm”. Economic and Political Weekly XLIX(39): 25–29.Google Scholar
- Bazarragchaa, Sodnam. (2012). “Community Participation in Disaster Risk Mitigation: A Comparative Study of Mongolia and Japan”. Retrieved October 23, 2015, from http://www.adrc.asia/aboutus/vrdata/finalreport/2011B_MNG_Final_Report.pdf.
- Ernakulam Social Service Society. (2012a). “Disaster Management Plan”.Google Scholar
- Ernakulam Social Service Society. (2012b). “Directory of Task Force”.Google Scholar
- Ernakulam Social Service Society. (2012c). “Care, Community Acumen and Risk Elimination”.Google Scholar
- GOI. (2005). “NDMA, Government of India, The Disaster Management Act, 2005”. http://atingl.nic.in/Downloads/THE%20DISASTER%20MANAGEMENT%20ACT%202005.pdf.
- GOI. (2009). “Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, National Policy on Disaster Management, 2009”. Retrieved October 2015, from http://www.ndma.gov.in/images/guidelines/national-dm-Policy2009.pdf.
- Infed. (2010). “The Learning Organization: Principles, Theory and Practice”. Retrieved October 27, 2015, from http://infed.org/mobi/the-learning-organization/acessed.
- International Institute of Rural 1. Reconstruction and Cordaid. (2013). “CMDRR Training, Design and Implementation, Building Resilient Communities, Philippines”.Google Scholar
- Local Self Government and Disaster Risk Reduction. Retrieved October 23, 2015, from http://www.unisdr.org/files/13627_LocalGovernmentsandDisasterRiskRedu.pdf.
- Nambiar, Malini. (2015, January 31). “A Decade of Disaster Risk Management in India”. Economic and Political Weekly L(52): 36–40. Google Scholar
- NDMA. (2014). National Disaster Management Authority of India, National Policy Guidelines on Community Based Disaster Management, February 2014. Retrieved October 25, 2015, from www.ndma.gov.in/pdf/draftindianpolicyguidelinesonCBDM.pdf.
- Olekotan, Adimole. (2013). “Achieving Project Sustainability Through Community Participation”. Retrieved October 23, 2015, from http://www.krepublishers.com/02-Journals/JSS/JSS-17-0-000-000-2008-Web/JSS-17-1-001-08-Abst-Text/JSS-17-1-021-08.
- Pandey, Bishnu, and Okazaki, Kenji. (2015). “Community Based Disaster Management: Empowering Communities to Cope with Disaster Risks”. Retrieved October 21, 2015, from http://unpan1.un.org/intradoc/groups/public/documents/UN/UNPAN020698.pdf.
- Petra, and Komal. (2014, December 27). “Addressing the Emergent Disaster Riskscape in Urban India”. Economic and Political Weekly XLIX(52): 38–42.Google Scholar
- Planning Commission, Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Report of the Working Group on Democratic Decentralization and PRIs, 2006. Retrieved October 27, 2015, from http://planningcommission.nic.in/aboutus/committee/wrkgrp11/wg11_demo.pdf.
- Pomeroy, Robert. (2006). Fisheries Co. Management: A Practical Handbook (2006). Ottawa, Canada: International Development Research Centre.Google Scholar
- Pomeroy et al. “Fisheries Co-management: Key Conditions and Principles Drawn from Asian Experiences”. International Center for Living Aquatic Resources Management, Philippines. Retrieved October 27, 2015, from http://dlc.dlib.indiana.edu/dlc/bitstream/handle/10535/1220/pomeroy.pdf?sequence=1.
- Rajeev, M. M. (2014, December). “Sustainability and Community Empowerment in Disaster Management”. International Journal of Social Work and Human Services Practice 2(6): 207–212 (Horizon Research Publishing).Google Scholar
- Salajegheh, S., and Piramodi, N. (2013). “Community Based Disaster Risk Management in Iran”. Retrieved October 22, 2015, from http://www.ijerd.com/paper/vol7-issue9/G0709060069.pdf.
- Shaw, Rajib, and Okazaki, Kenji. (2004). Sustainable Community Based Disaster Management (CBDM) Practices in Asia: A User’s Guide. Hyogo: United Nations Centre for Regional Development (UNCRD), Hyogo Office.Google Scholar
- Thummarkudy, Muralee. (2015). “Community-Based Safety Management”. Retrieved October 23, 2015, from http://mathrubhumi.com/english/columns/be-on-guard/community-based-safety-management-97684.html.
- UNDP. (2010). “The Real Weath of Nations, Pathway to Development”.Google Scholar
- United Nations. (2015). “Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015–2030”. Retrieved October 25, 2015, from http://www.preventionweb.net/files/43291_sendaiframeworkfordrren.pdf.
- UNSIDR. (2005). “Hyogo Framework for Action (2005–2015), United Nations International Disaster Reduction”. Retrieved October 31, 2015, from http://www.unisdr.org/2005/wcdr/intergover/official-doc/L-docs/Hyogo-framework-for-action-english.pdf.
- Victoria, Lorna. “Community Based Disaster Management in Philippines”. Retrieved October 21, 2015, from http://www.preventionweb.net/files/733_8363.pdf.
- What Is Community Managed Disaster Risk Reduction. Retrieved October 21, 2015, from http://www.gfdrr.org/sites/gfdrr.org/files/20120119_Cordaid_SUMMARY_What_is_CMDRR.pdf.