Smart Poster for Tourism Promotion Through NFC Technology
Near-field communication (NFC) technology has been widely used in various applications over many years. The technology has been embedded in a series of devices and has not yet been completely taken advantage of. One such application is smart posters. With the growth of NFC-equipped smart phones, smart posters can be used as a low-cost marketing strategy in the field of tourism. This work proposes to utilize NFC tags to develop intuitive advertisements. The chapter further describes the feasibility with an architectural layout.
KeywordsTourism Posters NFC Cloud No-SQL Firebase
- 4.Shobha, Nahar Sunny Suresh, Kajarekar Sunit Pravin Aruna and Manjrekar Devesh Prag Bhagyashree. NFC and NFC payments: A Review. In ICTBIG 2017, IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/ictbig.2016.7892683.
- 5.Lopez, Ana M., Gloria Femandez and Francisco Burillo. Oct 2016. Mobile computing with near field communication (NFC) smart objects applied to archaeological research. IEEE Xplore, ISSN 2472–7571. https://doi.org/10.1109/ie2016.22.
- 6.Lee, Wei Hsun, Chien Ming Chou and Wei Cheng Chen. 2017. Design and implementation of an NFC-based universal touch and control platform. IEEE Xplore.Google Scholar
- 7.Coskun, Vedat, Kerem Ok and Busra Ozdenizci. 2012. Developing NFC applications. IEEE Xplore. https://doi.org/10.1002/9781119965794.ch5.
- 8.Vollan, Dirk, Kay Noyen, Onur Kayikci, Lukas Ackermann and Florian Michahelles. 2012. Switching the role of NFC tag and reader for the implementation of smart posters. IEEE Xplore. ISBN:988-1-4673-1209-7. https://doi.org/10.1109/nfc.2012.11.
- 9.Lamsfus, C., D. Martín, A. Alzua-Sorzabal, E. Torres-Manzanera, I. Tussyadiah, and A. Inversini. 2015. Smart tourism destinations: An extended conception of smart cities focusing on human mobility. Springer, Cham: ICTT.Google Scholar
- 10.Audy, Marcel Bonar Kristanda and Seng Hansun. Smart poster implementation on mobile bulletin system using NFC tags and salt tokenization. https://doi.org/10.1109/icsitech.2016.7852625.
- 11.Ayu, Media A., Teddy Mantoro, Siti Aisyah Ismail and Nurul Syafiqah Zulkifli. 2012. Rich information service delivery to mobile users using smart posters. In DICTAP. https://doi.org/10.1109/dictap.2012.621534.
- 12.Biader Ceipidor, U., C.M. Medaglia, V. Volpi1, A. Moroni1, S. Sposato, M. Carboni and A. Caridi. 2013. NFC technology applied to touristic-cultural field: A case study on an Italian museum. IEEE Xplore. https://doi.org/10.1109/nfc.2013.6482445.