Analysis on Energy Flow of Electric Vehicle
In order to appraise energy consumption and utilization of an electric vehicle, energy flow test method was proposed. The tests were completed in a 4WD chassis dynamometer test cell with a thermal chamber. During the test, high-voltage battery, motor system, DCDC, climate control system, low-voltage accessories were monitored. Then, energy consumption characteristics of each system or component were analyzed, and energy flow was calculated. Based on energy flow graph, evaluation indexes from vehicle level to system or component level that represent energy consumption and utilization were proposed. By changing the test conditions, the impacts of temperature and drive cycles were quantified, and the accuracy of energy flow was further improving. Finally, according to energy flow results at different test conditions, optimized schemes were proposed.
KeywordsEnergy flow Electric vehicle Energy utilization Energy consumption characteristics Evaluation indexes Test conditions
- 1.Yu Z (2008) Automotive theory, 4th edn. China Machine Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 2.Chu L (2014) Research on brake energy regenerative evaluation and test method of pure electric vehicle. Huazhong Univ Sci Technol 42(1):18–22Google Scholar
- 3.Alley R (2012) VTool: a method for predicting and understanding the energy flow and losses in advanced vehicle powertrains. MS thesis, Virginia TechGoogle Scholar
- 4.Argonne National Laboratory (2013) Ambient temperature (20°F, 72°F and 95°F) impact on fuel and energy consumption for several conventional vehicles, hybrid and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles and battery electric vehicle. SAE InternationalGoogle Scholar
- 5.Ehsani M, Gao Y, Emadi A (2009) Modern electric, hybrid electric, and fuel cell vehicles: fundamentals, theory, and design. CRC pressGoogle Scholar