A Resonant Push–Pull DC–DC Converter
This paper presents a novel topology of a resonant push–pull DC–DC converter. The primary side of the transformer applies a traditional two-transistor push–pull circuit structure, while the secondary side of the transformer includes a circuit of duplex windings and a LC resonant voltage-double structure. The average output voltage of the converter is four times of the voltage-double resonant capacitors. The LC resonance of the voltage-double capacitors and the secondary leakage inductors of the transformer transfers the energy from the primary side to the secondary side. The circuit adopts the strategy of fixing turn-on time and frequency modulation method. All switches and diodes can achieve ZCS (zero current switching). The paper analyses every operation mode in detail. Because of symmetrical working of the secondary upper and lower windings of the transformer, it can be transformed into two-port network to analyze the AC equivalent circuit through fundamental analysis method. And on this basis, the paper deduces the gain characteristic expression of the AC fundamental wave, plots the curve of voltage gain with different frequency ratio m, excitation inductance/leakage inductance ratio h and quality factor Q by MATLAB, and utilizes the voltage gain curve to design the circuit experimental parameters. At last, a sample converter of 20–28 V input/360 V output/rated power 400 W is built and tested. The experimental waveforms verify the correctness of the circuit and validity of the gain model. The experimental conversion efficiency indicates that the switch achieves ZCS to reduce the switching loss of existing push–pull circuit effectively and improve the conversion efficiency. The measured efficiency was 93.5% at rated load.
KeywordsLC resonance Push–pull Voltage-fourfold structure ZCS First harmonic analysis method
This work is partially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No.51467005), the Key Research and Development Plan of Jiangxi Province (20171BBE50018), and the foundation of East China Jiaotong University (No. 14DQ02).
- 1.Yundong M, Linquan M, Xinbo R et al (2006) Zero-voltage-switching PWM push–pull three-level converter. Proc CSEE 26(23):36–41 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Fanghua Z, Huizhen W, Yangguang Y (2003) ZCS scheme of push–pull forward converter. Power Electron 37(2):60–62 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Yisheng Y, Qunfang W (2012) ZVS three-transistor push–pull DC/DC converter. Proc CSEE 32(33):23–30 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Yisheng Y, Changwei G (2012) Resonant push–pull DC–DC converter. Electr Power Autom Equip 32(10):83–87Google Scholar
- 5.Quanming L, Can Z, Shubo Z, Guohui L, Luowei Z (2013) Constant current LED driver based on LCL-T half bridge resonant converter. Trans China Electro-technical Soc 28(12):320–323Google Scholar
- 6.Haibing H, Wanbo W, Wenjin S, Shun D, Yan X (2013) Optimal efficiency design of LLC resonant converters. Proc CSAAEE 33(18):48–56Google Scholar