Discussion on the Energy Efficiency and Electrotechnical Questions of Urban Cable Car System
Due to the convenience and low cost of cable car system construction, its application in urban public transport becomes more interesting. In the past, cable car systems were commonly used in non-urban areas, but now its application in urban areas requires more expert consideration. From the point of view of electrotechnical aspects, this paper studies the problems that may arise from the application of the cable car systems in urban areas, mainly from the aspects of energy efficiency, electromagnetic interference and electric corrosion. Also the technical compatibility of cable car systems with the high voltage transmission lines, photovoltaic plants and wireless communications is analyzed.
KeywordsCable car Energy efficiency Electromagnetic interference Stray current
This work is partially supported by the National “Twelfth Five-Year” Pillar program for Science & Technology—the interoperability Comprehensive Evaluation Integrative Platform and Demonstration for Urban Rail Transit (No.2015BAG19B02).
- 1.Randall M (2013) Delivering the Emirates air line, London–Britain’s first urban cable car. Proc Inst Civ Eng—Civ Eng, November 166(4):162–169. Thomas Telford LtdGoogle Scholar
- 2.Fiedler J (2016) Urban cable—a policy option. J Traffic Transp Eng 4:247–250Google Scholar
- 3.Cordoba DZ, Stanley J, Stanley JR (2014) Reducing social exclusion in highly disadvantaged districts in Medellín, Colombia, through the provision of a cable-car. Soc Incl, 2(4)Google Scholar
- 5.Frey, Schopf, Winder (2014) Energy-Efficient New Mobility in Vienna, TU WienGoogle Scholar
- 6.Energy Efficient Mobility http://www.umweltbundesamt.at/umweltsituation/energie/effizienz/effizienzverkehr/, 2016-03-23
- 7.Passenger car occupancy rate for private car use http://www.forschungsinformationssystem.de/servlet/is/79638/
- 8.Fickert L (2014) Electrical Energy Systems 1, Script TU GrazGoogle Scholar