Characterization and Variable Temperature Modeling of SiC MOSFET
Silicon power semiconductor device is difficult to meet the requirements of high temperature, high pressure and high frequency. Among them, the MOSFET which has the fast switch speed and the simple driving circuit, become the most popular object in SiC power electronic devices. In this paper, we choose the C2M0160120D chip of CREE company, establishing a complete model. And the static characteristics of SiC MOSFET under different temperature points are simulated. The switching characteristics of SiC MOSFET under different driving resistances are analyzed and compared with the experimental results, and the accuracy of the model is verified in this paper.
KeywordsSiC MOSFET Simulation model Pspice Characteristic analysis
This work was supported by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China (No. E16JB00160/2016JBM062/2016JBM058) and The National Key Research and Development Program of China (2016YFB1200504-C-02).
- 1.Jiang W (2015) Development and application of silicon carbide power electronic devices. China High Tech Enterp 36:1–3 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Cheng S (2001) MOSFET modeling in electronic device simulation software. Hunan University (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Kraus R, Castellazzi A (2015) A physics-based compact model of SiC power MOSFETs. IEEE Trans Power Electr PP(99):0885–8993Google Scholar
- 5.Sun K, Wu H, Lu J et al (2013) Modeling of SiC MOSFET with temperature dependent parameters. Proc CSEE 33(3):37–43 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Kumar K, Bertoluzzo M, Buja G (2015) Impact of SiC MOSFET traction inverters on compact-class electric car range. In: Power electronics, drives and energy systems (PEDES), Mumbai, India, pp 1–6Google Scholar
- 7.Ozdemir S, Acar F, Selamogullari US (2015) Comparison of silicon carbide MOSFET and IGBT based electric vehicle traction inverters. In: International conference on electrical engineering and informatics, Bali, IndonesiaGoogle Scholar
- 8.Cui Y, Chinthavali M, Tolbert LM (2012) Temperature dependent Pspice model of silicon carbide power MOSFET. In: Applied power electronics conference and exposition, Orlando, Florida, USA, pp 1698–1704Google Scholar
- 9.orctn101 Analog behavioral model using PSpice. www.cadence.com
- 10.Lu J, Sun K, Wu H et al (2013) Modeling of SiC MOSFET with temperature dependent parameters and its applications. In: IEEE applied power electronics conference and exposition—Apec, Long Beach, California, USA, pp 540–544Google Scholar
- 11.Zhao B, Zhou Z, Xu Y et al (2015) Study on the PSpice model of SiC MOSFETs applied in the electric vehicle (in Chinese)Google Scholar