Optimization Design and Research of LEACH Algorithm in Large Region of Rail Transportation
An improved LEACH algorithm is proposed to address the limitation of randomly selected cluster heads in an application environment with a large area of rail transportation. Through division, the number and selection of regional cluster heads are optimized to improve the robustness of the LEACH protocol in large areas of rail transportation. Simulation results show that the new algorithm exhibits significant improvement in terms of node survival number, data transmission, and network survival cycle compared with the LEACH algorithm, and thus, the lifetime of wireless sensor networks is prolonged.
KeywordsWireless sensor network LEACH protocol Cluster Network lifetime
This work is supported by the Support Program of China National Science and Technology (No. 61763018, No. 2006BAK03A21, No. 2009BAK58B03,) and Jiangxi Provincial Department of Science and Technology (No. 20171BAB206030) and the Foundation of Education Committee of Jiangxi(GJJ150674) and the Key Program of Nature Foundation of Jiangxi University of Science and Technology (NSFJ2015-K09).
- 1.Liao M, Zhang H, Xie J (2012) Energy forecast routing protocol in wireless sensor network based on ant colony algorithm. Computer Eng 38(3):88–90 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Sun L, Li J, Chen Y (2005) Wireless sensor networks. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing, pp 1–3 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhao F, Gao Y (2011) Improvement and simulation based on LEACH routing protocol for wireless sensor networks. Electronic Test 3(3):47–50 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Li H, Shi J, Yang Q, et a1 (2010) An Energy—efficient hierarchical routing protocol for long range transmission in wireless sensor networks. Education technology and computer. In: 2010 2nd international conference on IEEE, 4:45–48Google Scholar
- 6.Heinzelman WB,Chandrakasan AP,Balakrishnan H (2002) An application specific protocol architecture for wireless micro sensor networks. IEEE Trans Wireless Commun, 1(4)Google Scholar
- 9.Fu Y, Li Y (2015) Optimization of cluster head multihop and selection in LEACH. J Hunan Univ (Nat Sci) 42(2):121–125 (in Chinese)Google Scholar