Influences of Paper on 3D Printing Quality in UV Ink-jet Printer
The paper intended to research the influences of paper in UV ink-jet printer, mainly including the height and glossiness. Results proved that infiltrations had all appeared between three selected substrates of paper, on which the paper roughness and bulkiness had a linear effect. And the infiltration on the first layer of ink was bigger than those on other layers of ink. It is too stable to not be changed by the paper that the infiltrations between two layers of ink. As we knew, paper roughness and bulkiness would reduce the glossiness. There existed ink sticks on the third layer of ink and more, even some ink holes when the infiltrations were too big because of the substrate of paper had a bigger roughness and bulkiness. Therefore, the substrates used for UV ink-jet 3D printing should have a property of tight and smooth, and the first layer of ink must not be calculated in the whole height of model, so that the printing result would be satisfied.
KeywordsUV Ink-jet Thickness Roughness Infiltration Glossiness
This work was financially supported by Cuangdong science and technology plan project (2017B090901064: 3D color paper-based printer and its application in the field of literature and atr), Chinese National Natural Science Foundation of China (21404042), State Key Laboratory of Pulp and Paper Engineering Project (2016C01, 2016C02), and the Science and Technology Planning Project in Guangzhou (2016070220045).
- 1.Guo ZH, Wang QJ, Guo YH (2013) 3D printing technology and social manufacturing. J Baoji Univ Arts Sci 33:64–70Google Scholar
- 3.Stowe RW (2006) Alternative UV radiometry and process verification for UV ink jet printing. Nip Digit Fab Conf 6:50–60Google Scholar
- 4.Siegel SB (2004) UV curing for ink jet printer. US, US20040164325Google Scholar
- 5.Yang XL, Zhou TR (2009) Three dimensional printing prototyping rapidly technology and its application. J Zhejiang Univ Sci Technol 3:186–189Google Scholar
- 7.Lipson H, Kurman M (2013) Fabricated: the new world of 3D printing. The new world of 3D printing. Wiley, CanadaGoogle Scholar
- 9.Li XY, Zhang S, Yu DG (2007) Application of uniform design method in research of three dimensional printing’s powder. J Univ Shanghai Sci Technol 2:183–188Google Scholar
- 10.Wang J (2006) Research on rapid prototyping technology of chemical chip. Nanjing University of Science and Technology, NanjingGoogle Scholar
- 11.Wang HM, Chen GX (2014) 3D printing of topographic map based on UV inks. Packag J 6:48–56Google Scholar