High Image Quality Tone Adjustment Methods for Binary Images
Graduation adjustment of a binary image is different from the grayscale image. Printing density measured value of binary image dots is regarded as the gray value of a grayscale image. In this study, based on the boundary pixel conversion around a dot, we propose the graduation adjustment scheme for image shading information. The scheme shows the effect of suppressing image blurring and folding noise.
KeywordsBinary image Graduation adjustment Boundary pixel
This study is funded by a Startup Foundation for Doctors of Xi’an University of Technology awarded to the first author in 2015. This work is also supported by the Key Laboratory for printing and packaging engineering scientific effort plan of Education Department of Shaanxi Provincial Government (16JS082).
- 1.Yasuo K (1997) A method of scale transformation for binary image including dithered image. Trans Instit Electron Inform Commun Eng 80(10):2723–2732Google Scholar
- 2.Yamada H (1997) A segmentation method for images containing text and halftone images. In: Proceedings of IEICE general conference, 199Google Scholar
- 3.Ken K, Naokazu A, Hiroyuki K (2012) High-quality segmentation method for binary image based on contour. J Print Sci Technol 49(1):45–52Google Scholar
- 4.Chai J, Wang Q, Liu H (2015) Threshold segmentation algorithm for printing dot microscopic image. Pack Eng 36(13):115–121Google Scholar
- 5.Zeng D, Wang Y, Lai P (2015) Binary image compression algorithm based on nine-box grid. Comput Appl Softw 32(7):259–296Google Scholar