Study on Digital Acquisition Method of High Dynamic Range Image
Based on the optimal image exposure set, the dynamic range of the image acquired by the digital camera is extended. In this paper, a high dynamic range image acquisition method is proposed to control the linear dynamic range of single segment exposure by gray scale. When letting the linear dynamic range of the gray scale’s correct single exposure as a benchmark, the range of image is determined. However, the details of the image are seriously missing. To solve this problem, the whole gray scale samples are segmented with the linear part being exposed firstly, leaving high key and shadow for next exposure. The experimental results show that this method can effectively extend the dynamic range of the acquired image, while eliminating the huge image data set by the premise of acquiring the static scene, and increase the detail information of the image’s shadow and high key.
KeywordsHigh dynamic range image (HDRI) Optimal image exposure set Segmented shooting Dynamic range extension
This work is funded by National Key Technology Research and Development Program of the Ministry of Science and Technology of China (2012BAH91F03).
- 1.Bai B, Liu J, Fan J (2016) Recent research in high dynamic range imaging. J Xi’an Inst Posts Telecommun 1–14. https://doi.org/10.13682/j.issn.2095-6533.2016.03.001
- 2.Jiang S (2015) Dynamic range extension based on multiple exposure fusion and ghost removal. Zheijang UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 3.Bai B, Fan J (2015) Minimal exposure bracketing algorithm for high dynamic range imaging. J Xi’an Inst Posts Telecommun 43–47. https://doi.org/10.13682/j.issn.2095-6533.2015.05.008
- 4.Reinhard E, Heidrich W, Debevec P et al (2010) High dynamic range imaging: acquisition, display, and image-based lighting. Morgan KaufmannGoogle Scholar
- 5.Sen P, Kalantari NK, Yaesoubi M et al (2012) Robust patch-based HDR reconstruction of dynamic scenes. ACM Trans Graph 31(6):203Google Scholar