Design and Implement of Intelligent Insole System
Wearable computing will have effect our life deeply by 2025. Up to now, there is no pressure detecting insole designed according to the anatomical partition. In this paper, we design an intelligent insole, which is divided into 9 zones. This intelligent insole can collect and record user’s plantar pressure for each zone and display data on the mobile phone in the form of charts, curves and figures. We compare the obtained data with the healthy state model, then gives some hints and suggestions base on analysis, that are propitious to user health. The intelligent insole can infer the possible diseases and give the suggestion of convalescence. Experimental results show that intelligent insoles have good performance, which is low cost and easy popularization.
KeywordsPlantar pressure analysis Intelligent insoles Disease prevention Wearable device
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51409117, 51679105, 61672261), Jilin Province Department of Education Thirteen Five science and technology research projects No. 432.
- 2.Chen, M., Huang, B., Lee, K.K., et al.: An intelligent shoe-integrated system for plantar pressure measurement. In: 2006 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics, ROBIO 2006, pp. 416–421. IEEE (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Srivises, W., Nilkhamhang, I., Tungpimolrut, K.: Design of a smart shoe for reliable gait analysis using fuzzy logic. In: 2012 Proceedings of SICE Annual Conference, pp. 834–838. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, M., Huang, B., Xu, Y.: Intelligent shoes for abnormal gait detection. In: 2008 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, ICRA 2008, pp. 2019–2024. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Manupibul, U., Charoensuk, W., Kaimuk, P.: Design and development of SMART insole system for plantar pressure measurement in imbalance human body and heavy activities. In: 2014 7th Biomedical Engineering International Conference, pp. 1–5. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Berengueres, J., Fritschi, M., McClanahan, R.: A smart pressure-sensitive insole that reminds you to walk correctly: an orthotic-less treatment for over pronation. In: 2014 36th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), pp. 2488–2491. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Tao, Y., Wu, X., Yang, Y., et al.: An intelligent shoe system: evaluation of weight load approaches by gait analysis. In: 2012 International Conference on Computerized Healthcare (ICCH), pp. 145–151. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Mustufa, Y.S.A., Barton, J., O’Flynn, B., et al.: Design of a smart insole for ambulatory assessment of gait. In: 2015 IEEE 12th International Conference on Wearable and Implantable Body Sensor Networks (BSN), pp. 1–5. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar