Understanding Automated Continuous Integration for Containerized Smart Energy IoT-Cloud Service
DevOps-based CI/CD (Continuous Integration & Delivery) automation has become important in providing agile and economical services based on micro-services architecture (MSA). In this paper, by taking the example of containerized smart energy IoT-Cloud service, we explain continuous integration with associated testing features for MSA-based service realization.
KeywordsContinuous integration & delivery DevOps-based automation Micro-services architecture Automated testing
This work was supported by Institute for Information & communications Technology Promotion(IITP) grant funded by the Korea government(MSIT) (No.R7117-16-0218, Development of Automated SaaS Compatibility Techniques over Hybrid/Multisite Clouds) and supported in part by GIST Research Institute (GRI) grant funded by GIST in 2017.
- 1.Dragoni, N., et al.: Microservices: Yesterday, today, and tomorrow, June 2016. arXiv preprint arXiv:1606.04036
- 3.Poornalinga, K., Rajkumar, P.: Continuous integration, deployment and delivery automation in AWS cloud infrastructure. Int. Res. J. Eng. Technol. (IRJET) 3(5), 426–431 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Humble, J., Farley, D.: Continuous Delivery: Reliable Software Releases through Build, Test, and Deployment Automation. Pearson Education, Upper Saddle River (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Continuous delivery. https://aws.amazon.com/devops/continuous-delivery/
- 6.Kim, S., Kim, J.: Designing smart energy IoT-Cloud services for mini-scale data centers. In: Proceedings of the KICS 2017 Winter Conference, Jeongseon, Korea, January 2017Google Scholar
- 7.Docker. https://www.docker.com/
- 8.Dockerfile reference. https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/builder/
- 9.Jenkins. https://jenkins.io/
- 10.Kumar, J.P., et al.: Software testing in cloud computing environment. Imperial J. Interdisc. Res. (IJIR) 3(5), 350–354 (2017)Google Scholar