A Design and Implementation of the CoAP Adaptor for Communication Between DDS-Based Adaptors and External Devices
With the growth of the Internet market, a number of communication protocols and corresponding equipment have developed. Due to heterogeneity issues with the use of various communication protocols, the interoperability between different devices, middleware or gateway based interoperable systems have been studied. In this paper we suggest a DDS (Data Distribution Service) based CoAP (Constrained Application Protocol) adaptor in order to solve the problem of the DDS middleware based interoperable system when used with external accessibility or resource-constrained devices. By using the CoAP adaptor, we provide a data transfer service where in previous researches were to be seen as hard to access.
KeywordsInternet of Things (IoT) Data Distribution Service (DDS) Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) Interoperability Adaptor
This research was supported by the MIST (Ministry of Science and ICT), Korea, under the National Program for Excellence in SW) (2015-0-00930) supervised by the IITP (Institute for Information & communications Technology Promotion).
- 2.Desai, P.: Semantic gateway as service architecture for IoT interoperability. In: IEEE International Conference on Mobile Services, pp. 313–319 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Back, M.-K., Yim, H.-J., Lee, K.-C.: Zigbee adaptor for two-way data/event/service interoperation in Internet of Things. KIPS Tr. Comp. Comm. Sys. 3(4), 107–114 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Oh, J.-H., Back, M.-K., Oh, G.-T., Lee, K.-C.: A study on DDS-based BLE profile adaptor for solving BLE data heterogeneity in Internet of Things. In: The 11th International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Technologies and Applications (Cute 2016), pp. 619–624, November 2016Google Scholar
- 5.OMG: Data Distribution Service for Real-time Systems version 1.4, April 2015. http://www.omg.org/spec/DDS/1.4/PDF/
- 6.IETF: The constrained application protocol (CoAP), June 2014. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7252
- 7.Soultanopoulos, T., Sotiriadis, S., Petrakis, E.G.M.: Design and implementation of a gateway for pervasive smart environments. In: 2016 IEEE 37th Sarnoff Symposium, September 2016Google Scholar
- 8.Rahmani, A.-M., Thanigaivelan, N.K., Gia, T.N., Granados, J., Negash, B., Liljeberg, P., Tenhunen, H.: Smart e-Health gateway: bringing intelligence to Internet-of-Things based ubiquitous healthcare systems. In: 2015 12th Annual IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC) (2015)Google Scholar