A Parallel Adaptive Circumference Method with OpenMP
The implementation of identifying regional and local gravity fields computing algorithm by adaptive circumference method is achieved in this paper, aiming to the drawback of traditional circumference method in a chosen suitable radius among varies objects. We get suitable radius automatically by the minimum variance of computing point relative to the points on circle in series of set radius, and use the average of regional field value instead of the average of anomaly gravity when calculated point is as the center and to get closer to actual fields in iteration procession. Further, a parallel algorithm based on OpenMP employed multi-core CPU has been presented for high efficiency. Otherwise, the relationship between the number of cores and parallel efficiency is analyzed. The results of theoretical model and actual data show not only our adaptive circumference method can clearly separate abnormal boundary and get accurate abnormity, but also the algorithm is adaptive and has high computational efficiency.
KeywordsGravity abnormity Regional gravity field Local gravity field Adaptive circumference method OpenMP
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51409117, 51679105, 61672261), Jilin Province Department of Education Thirteen Five science and technology research projects  No. 432.
- 1.Luo, X.K., Guo, S.Y.: Applied Geophysics Course, pp. 114–120. Geological Publishing House, Beijing (1991)Google Scholar
- 2.Spector, A.: Comments and errata to classic papers. Geophysics 50(11), 2278 (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Ma, G.Q., Meng, L.S., Du, X.J.: Division of regional gravity field and local gravity field by multi-ring median filtering method. Glob. Geol. 29(1), 113–117 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.OpenMP Application Program Interface: OpenMP application program interface, v. 3.0. OpenMP Architecture Review Board (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Chapman, B., Jost, G., Van Der Pas, R.: Using OpenMP: Portable Shared Memory Parallel Programming. MIT Press, Cambridge (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Tang, C.L.: Experiences of choosing radius in dividing local gravity anomaly using circumferential method. Hunan Geol. 17(1), 58–59 (1998)Google Scholar