The Dynamic Response Analysis of Long-Distance Oil and Gas Pipeline with Multi-support Seismic Excitation
Long-distance oil and gas pipelines cross complicated terrain that different section of the pipeline suffers from different seismic excitation. If a consistent ground motion input is employed to the dynamic response analysis, there will be a big difference with the actual situation. In this paper, multi-support seismic input is considered to make dynamic analysis of long-distance oil and gas pipeline, time history method is used to compare and analyze the dynamic response of a typical long-distance gas and oil pipeline with multi-support and single-support seismic excitation. The dynamic response calculating result tells that these two kinds of seismic input methods have big differences. Therefore, the effect of multi-support seismic excitation should be considered when doing earthquake response analysis of pipes.
KeywordsLong-distance oil and gas pipeline Multi-support seismic excitation Dynamic response analysis Pipe–soil interaction Finite element model
This study is supported by the grants from National Natural Science Found Project of China (51405385); Special Research Project in Shaanxi Province Department of Education (51405385); Key Laboratory Project of Shaanxi Department of Education by Visiting Scholars (14JS045); Youth Science and Technology Innovation Fund Project of Xi’an Shiyou University.
- 1.Xinwei Z, Xiangguo Z, Anlin Y, Yi Z, Xing L (2014) Numerical simulation of the dynamic response of buried gas pipeline under seismic load. J China Petr Mach 42(3):104–109Google Scholar
- 2.Yong C, Qinghua Y (2015) Depth on seismic design of buried pipeline. J World Earthq Eng 31(2):275–280Google Scholar
- 3.Lili W, Xiaoqing Z, Liangliang X, Hanbing Q (2013) Seismic analysis for oil transportation piping with crack fault. J Proc Equip Pip 50(3):62–65Google Scholar
- 4.Midas Information Technology Co., Ltd. (2012) The engineering application guidelines of Midas gen. China Architecture & Building PressGoogle Scholar
- 5.Chong Z, Xin L, Guoxin W (2015) Seismic response analysis of long-distance pipeline subjected to spatially varying earthquake ground motions. J Disaster Prev Reduct 31(1):10–15Google Scholar
- 6.Yue L, Qiang L, Jinbiao W, Kongming Y, Zhijia W (2015) The numerical simulation of seismic response of underground pipeline body. J Sichuan Build Sci 41(6):71–76Google Scholar
- 7.Lei J, Yongping X, Liming, Shuhua W (2014) Numerical simulation of test on underground pipeline excitated by seismic wave. J World Earthq Eng 30(2):91–98Google Scholar