Cooperative Spectrum Sensing-Based Wideband Cognitive Radio System Design
Cooperative spectrum sensing can improve detection performance of cognitive radio (CR) when the channel is in severe fading and shadowing environment. In this paper, we have designed cooperative spectrum sensing-based wideband CR system including transmitter and receiver. Each CR user marks the spectrum availability through energy detection and gets the sub-basis function through doing Inverse Fast Fourier Transform (IFFT) with the product of the spectral marker vector and the random phase vector. The cooperative spectrum sensing can be realized by cascading the sub-basis functions of all the users. The simulation results have shown that the proposed system can avoid the interference caused by the primary user and outperform the spread spectrum system.
KeywordsCognitive radio Cooperative spectrum sensing Basis function Bit error rate
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundations of China under Grant Nos. 61601221, 51404211, 91438205 and 61671183, the Natural Science Foundations of Jiangsu Province under Grant No. BK20140828, the China Postdoctoral Science Foundations under Grant No. 2015M580425 and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities under Grant No. DUT16RC(3)045, and the Open Research Fund of State Key Laboratory of Space-Ground Integrated Information Technology under grant No. 2015_SGIIT_KFJJ_TX_02.
- 1.Mitola, J.: Cognitive radio: making software radios more personal. IEEE Pers. Commun. 6(4), 13–18 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Kolodzy, P.: Spectrum policy task force report. Technical report, ET Docket No. 02-135, Federal Communications Commission, Washington, DC, USA (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Haykin, S.: Cognitive radio: brain-empowered wireless communications. IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun. 23(2), 201–220 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Ghasemi, A., Sousa, E.S.: Spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks: requirements, challenges and design trade-offs. IEEE Commun. Mag. 46(4), 32–39 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Shen, J., Liu, S., Wang, Y.: Robust energy detection in cognitive radio. IET Commun. 3(6), 1016–1023 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Quan, Z., Cui, S., Sayed, A.H.: Optimal linear cooperation for spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks. IEEE J. Sel. Top. Sig. Process. 2(1), 28–40 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, X., Min, J., Tan, X.: Threshold optimization of cooperative spectrum sensing in cognitive radio network. Radio Sci. 48(1), 23–32 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, X., Tan, X.: Optimization algorithm of periodical cooperative spectrum sensing in cognitive radio. Int. J. Commun. Syst. 27(5), 705–720 (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Jia, M., Gu, X., Guo, Q., Xiang, W., Zhang, N.: Broadband hybrid satellite-terrestrial communication systems based on cognitive radio toward 5G. IEEE Wirel. Commun. 23(6), 96–106 (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.Hu, S., Bi, G., Guan, Y.L., Li, S.: Spectrally efficient transform domain communication system with quadrature cyclic code shift keying. IET Commun. 7(4), 382–390 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhao, N., Yu, F.R., Sun, H., Li, M.: Adaptive power allocation schemes for spectrum sharing in interference-alignment-based cognitive radio networks. IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol. 65(5), 3700–3714 (2016)Google Scholar
- 12.Liu, X., Tan, X.: Communication system for cognitive radio based on cooperative detection. J. Sichuan Univ. 42(1), 201–205 (2010)Google Scholar