Data Association of AIS and Radar Based on Multi-factor Fuzzy Judgment and Gray Correlation Grade
This paper proposes a data association algorithm based on multi-factor fuzzy judgment and gray correlation analysis, in order to improve the correct correlation between AIS and radar targets. The target track is formatted into a sequence of four factors in this algorithm, such as distance, bearing, speed and course. We compute preliminary the algorithm of multi-factor fuzzy judgment based on four factors. And if the target satisfies the preliminary associated conditions with four factors, we continue to do the gray correlation analysis. Compared to the multi-factor fuzzy judgment, the simulation results of this paper show that the algorithm can reduce the probability of false association effectively. And compared to the gray correlation analysis, the algorithm can reduce the calculation range effectively.
KeywordsAutomatic Identification System (AIS) Radar Gray correlation Multi-factor fuzzy judgment
This research was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61301132), the National Key Technology R&D Program (2015BAG20B02), the Natural Science Foundation of Liaoning Province (201601065), and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (3132017129, 32016347).
- 1.Lee, A., Zetterberg, S.: Establishing an IALA AIS binary message register: recommended process. In: IALA Conference 2010, Cairo, Egypt, pp. 108–115 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Eriksen, T., Høye, G., Narheim, B., Meland, B.J.: Maritime traffic monitoring using a space-based AIS receiver. Acta Astronaut. 78, 537–549 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Norris, A.: AIS implementation – Success or failure. J. Navig. 60, 1–10 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Harre, I.: AIS adding new quality to VTS systems. J. Navig. 53, 527–539 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Guerriero, M., Willett, P., Coraluppi, S., Carthel, C.: Radar/AIS data fusion and SAR tasking for maritime surveillance. In: Proceedings of 11th International Conference on Information Fusion, Cologne, Germany, pp. 3–30 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Vesecky, J.F., Laws, K.E., Paduan, J.D.: Using HF surface wave radar and the ship Automatic Identification System (AIS) to monitor coastal vessels. In: 2009 IEEE International on Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium, IGARSS 2009. IEEE (2009). III--761–III-764.13Google Scholar
- 7.Suo, J., Liu, X., Liu, R., Liu, Y.: AIS information fusion and target tracking radar, China Institute of Navigation. In: China Institute of Navigation Symposium Papers, vol. 4, pp. 25–30 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Lin, C.: Radar and AIS target position information fusion method. China navigation, vol. 1, pp. 22–25 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Hu, X.: Radar and AIS target information fusion based on BP neural network, Doctor’s paper, Jimei University, Xiamen (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Zheng, Q., Tian, D., Wu, H.: The study of Multi-sensor data fusion method based on gray correlation degree. Silicon Valley, vol. 1, pp. 87–88 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Wang, H.: Radar and AIS track fusion algorithm based on multivariate fuzzy comprehensive. Inf. Syst. Eng. 7, 136–137 (2012)Google Scholar