Analysis and Implementation of Reliable Spectrum Sensing in OFDM Based Cognitive Radio
Cognitive radio (CR) provides better utilization of the spectrum by sensing the presence of free spectrum and assigning it to the unlicensed user temporarily when licensed users are not using the spectrum. Cyclostationary sensing method will be used here because it can differentiate between noise and the primary user (PU) signal. This technique is independent of the type of modulation used so at the receiver side no prior information on PU signal is required. Cyclostationary spectrum sensing is the preferred method for the sensing of multicarrier modulated signals, so also used for the sensing of OFDM signals and its standards. The aim of this project is to find the presence of a PU signal in a given spectrum. For this purpose probability of detection of the PU is calculated for various values of signal-to-noise ratio (SNR). Different OFDM modulated signals can also be differentiated using this method.
KeywordsCognitive radio Cyclostationary Cyclic autocorrelation function Spectrum sensing OFDM
This work has been carried out using the research facility created under DST-FIST supported, Department of ECE, SRM University, Chennai, India. This work was done under the NI-AWR sponsored Research Project, May 2016.
- 2.Yucek, T., Arslan, Hu: A survey of spectrum sensing algorithms for cognitive radio applications. IEEE Commun. Surv. Tutor. 11, 116–130 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Anupama, Er., Vipin G.: Spectrum sensing: first step towards nurturing cognitive radio networks. IJSRD Int. J. Sci. Res. Dev. 4(02), 539–542 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Jain, S., Raghunadh, M.V.: Spectrum sensing based on cyclostationary detector using USRP. Int. J. Eng. Trends Technol. (IJETT) 11(4), 188–191 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Liang, Y.-C., Zeng, Y., Peh, E.C.Y., Hoang, A.T.: Sensing-throughput tradeoff for cognitive radio networks. IEEE Trans. Wirel. Commun. 7(4),1326–1337 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Turunen, V., Kosunen, M., Huttunen, A., Kallioinen, S., Ikonen, P., Pӓrssinen, A., Ryynӓnen, J.: Implementation of cyclostationary feature detector for cognitive radios. In: Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on CROWNCOM (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Mohapatra, S.G., Mohapatra, A.G., Lenka, S.K.: Performance evaluation of cyclostationary based spectrum sensing in cognitive radio network. In: International Multi-conference on Automation, Computing, Control and Compressed sensing (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Syrjala, V., Valkama, M., Allen, M., Yamamoto, K.: Simultaneous transmission and spectrum sensing in OFDM systems using full-duplex radios. In: IEEE 82nd Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Fall), pp. 6–9 (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Turunen, V., Kosunen, M., Vaarakangas, M., Ryynӓnen, J.: Correlation-based detection of OFDM signals in the angular domain. IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol. 61(3) 951–958 (2012)Google Scholar